Reminder: Marc Levenson Zoom talk tomorrow (Sunday 9-26-21) at 2 pm.

Wonderful meeting, Mark Levinson is so down to earth, and very entertaining and knowledgeable, and it is a great topic. Great job by the board to get this set up and carried out, thank you all. The only detraction is that it had to take place during the Falcons game! Could we schedule these on Saturday until after football season?

After a bit of a rough start it turned out pretty good. We've, well, Justin, has already been working on a speaker for next month. His name was mentioned a couple times in the Zoom today. Hopefully it works out and we have another great presentation for October.

Yes, thank you to everyone that made today possible! It was a great meeting, and pleasure to hear from everyone.

For future meetings can we have someone host the zoom meeting so the speaker can concentrate on their presentation and we don't leave a bunch of people waiting to get let in, or interrupting the speaker regularly to keep letting people in?
Great presentation and speaker!

For future meetings can we have someone host the zoom meeting so the speaker can concentrate on their presentation and we don't leave a bunch of people waiting to get let in, or interrupting the speaker regularly to keep letting people in?
Great presentation and speaker!
I wish Zoom worked that way. The presenter has the controls, unless there's something I don't know about. Gotomeeting or MS Teams do have those capabilities but just not as available to everyone.

If someone knows more about Zoom we would your assistance via pm.

I wish Zoom worked that way. The presenter has the controls, unless there's something I don't know about. Gotomeeting or MS Teams do have those capabilities but just not as available to everyone.

I believe i had figured it out back when i was using zoom last year. Ill double check today

Zoom should be able to allow participants to share their screen so the host can run the meeting and let people in while the presenter focuses on their presentation. I'm pretty sure I've done it before but couldn't tell you the specifics off hand. I'll try it out at work and get back to you.

Confirmed. For zoom meetings, the "waiting room" is optional. Also, participants can be allowed to join anytime, such as before a scheduled meeting starts. See screenshot below. Note: this is the basic free zoom features

20210927_082900.jpg

Was the meeting recorded for us to watch back or is it on Marc’s website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confirmed. For zoom meetings, the "waiting room" is optional. Also, participants can be allowed to join anytime, such as before a scheduled meeting starts. See screenshot below. Note: this is the basic free zoom features

View attachment 48535

The waiting room feature was enabled intentionally, as it is a suggested security feature.

That would not have been any issue, had the app launched correctly, as it did in the two previous tests I ran.

In the end it was figured out, without shutting down the app.

I also found that you can enable a cohost without giving up control of the app.

Again, my apology for the brief delay.

The waiting room feature was enabled intentionally, as it is a suggested security feature.

That would not have been any issue, had the app launched correctly, as it did in the two previous tests I ran.

In the end it was figured out, without shutting down the app.

I also found that you can enable a cohost without giving up control of the app.

Again, my apology for the brief delay.

No worries Bill! We are appreciative for your help in facilitating!

And thats ok if we choose to use the waiting room feature. It was just a suggestion that was easy to confirm. ...i dont know why we need that security. But i trust you guys, and we can chat later if it comes up.

Thanks again! The meeting went great IMO.

Back