MASNA Aquarist of the Year Richard Ross Q & A this Saturday, 11-13-21 @ 2pm Eastern

Wish I would have seen that this was happening. Maybe an email for future events like this? Rich Ross is awesome and people should really check out his reef beef podcast!

I attended, but initially was a little intimidated by the read and review requirement in advance about Rich Ross and be prepared to ask questions sort of thing. But, it turned out that you did not have to go through all the material and come prepared in advance to ask questions and participate. I think if it had been an open format type Q and A after a brief intro by the Board and Richard, it would have been better explained what the zoom meeting was about. Asking folks to go through a lot of links and prepare questions can be super off putting if you are busy, have kids, job stresses etc. the hobby is a place for most of us to relax - reef therapy etc…. So, a more relaxed 😎 approach would maybe have elicited more viewers and attendance??? Maybe. The speaker was super laid back and nice, and one really did not have to review those links to get his incredible knowledge in the hobby and field. And he did not just stick to cephalopods, he went over a wide range of hobby related topics. Maybe 🤔 the speaker asked you to post like that, but i personally think that did him an attendance disservice and he is such a good speaker that he did not need a lot of questions to speak eloquently and at length to us.

I was helping my son with an Eagle Project, I hate I missed it. I missed this thread earlier in the week, but I’m not sure if I would’ve been able to move things around. Hope the recording is posted. I’d like to listen

Really sorry I missed it. I was doing maint on my tanks all weekend and just forgot. I work 10hrs Mon - Fri staring at a computer and on the weekends I tend to stay away. I agree with several things mentioned in the posts above. Homework to attend a meeting will keep some folks away. Gift card giveaways will bring some folks in. Right or wrong, its human nature. For me the problem was getting the meeting information. Usually I create a reminder in my phone so I dont forget but this one was pretty last min and I didn't see the update with the meeting info. As I am getting old, I forgot! Really looking forward to the recording and very sorry i missed it.

It was put up there. Look and you see it, though not in the best format viewed on a phone.

I am not skilled in the website functionality. Nor do I know where to find out about any of it, other than some of the things we all do for our account profiles & basic moderator functions.

The banner function, from what I could tell by trial & error, basically puts up a thread as a feature.

It was suggested by Shari beforehand. I asked for help to do it, beforehand, & got no reply. So did what I could.

It was put up there. Look and you see it, though not in the best format viewed on a phone.

I am not skilled in the website functionality. Nor do I know where to find out about any of it.

The banner function, from what I could tell by trial & error, basically puts up a thread as a feature.

It was suggested by Shari beforehand. I asked for help to do it, beforehand & got no reply. So did what I could.
Its all good, I am just trying to see if their was a better way for ARC to push these talkers down the road. As a R2R mod, I understand it is never easy for the BoD's.

I was a little rough on the members of ARC for not attending, but, I have to do the same for myself and the BoD's.

If you need me to, I will volunteer to email every single member of ARC to remind them. Its what I can do to help ARC as a club member.

Last edited:
It was supposed to happen the week prior.

Due to communication delays we didn’t get the details worked out and scheduled as we would have liked. But I also felt compelled to get it done sooner than later.

So I pushed to get it scheduled the following (last) Saturday. In retrospect, I would have delayed it another week, depending on Rich’s availability.

Typically we would set up a meeting with presenter one to three months in advance. Finding presenters has been ‘a challenge’. I’ll leave it at that.

We also try to rotate meetings between Saturdays & Sundays, month to month, due to request by members who work/etc. one of those days. So, that is also a factor.

Back