scout

Reaction score
Hey all!

Just started into the hobby after 25 years of wanting a reef tank (finally!). I'm in the middle of cycling a 90 gallon reef tank and look forward to learning as much as possible from the board members. More to come and thanks in advance!

Hi Scout... welcome! I am a new member as well. My 250 gallon tank is in the process of being built. This is such exciting times!

Welcome!!!
Tell us about your system.... equipment, lighting, planned biotope, etc.

Glad to have you on board!

Welcome to the club :)
when it is cycled and ready for some coral just let me know i will toss ya a frag or two. who knows there maybe be someone else that will help get ya started with a frag or two :)

Thanks for the welcome. My system is just about to get started so the list is very small at this point.

- 90 gallon tank w/ 20L gal sump underneath.
- 4" crushed Florida coral base with 3/4" semi-fine sand on top. I expect this layer to slowly work its way down to trap a nice anearobic bed at the bottom
- No corals / fish / or inverts yet....tank is still cycling. Hoping to add a few Green Chromis' this weekend.
- Lighting is a T5 set-up with 432 watts (4x actinics, 4x 10,000, 3 moonlight Leds)
- Pump: Turbo Sea 1270 (1287 gph). Both Inflow / Outflow holes are used as outflow with pvc lines. Each line has a ball valve to adjust flow as the pump max is less than drain capacity (pump intake has ball valve as well). This was done to accomodate future potential upgrades for greater flow. Water return is through pvc rig with check valve with 3 3/4" return points at different locations and tanks depths.
-Protein Skimmer: Berlin Turbo Classic

Nothing fancy but this is my 1st tank after all.:)

KuLLaS wrote: Welcome to the club :)
when it is cycled and ready for some coral just let me know i will toss ya a frag or two. who knows there maybe be someone else that will help get ya started with a frag or two :)

Thank you much....it's greatly appreciated. I think at this point you can toss me a lava rock with a weed sticking out of it and I'd giddy for joy. I look forward to meeting you and the others at the meetings.

Back