Neptune Sky vs Radion

TiggerandRoo

Reaction score
I’m building out a frag tank. 40 gal Breeder. What are pros and cons of choosing Radion vs Sky?

I think the Sky will have better spread and maybe less shadowing for sps. But Radion seems to dominate conversation and, watching YouTube, maybe favorite of aquaculture. So maybe I’m missing something in my analysis here.

Both lights do the job well. I would pick on what ecosystems or mounting preference you like more. I did notice the sky was a bit more red than radions. Won’t be noticeable unless you have it side to side

Personally I love radions, I have one on my 40 gallon cube and it can pretty much grow anything. But you can’t go wrong with either.

Both will work, if you have an apex the sky will be easier to use. The radion will have a bit better color but the app is disastrous.

Have you considered kessils?

Super happy with my blue G6 radions , major upgrade from my viperspect’s, which actually worked perfect. Grew SPS , lps everything ; but just not programmable for the ramp up ramp down. They do have a nicer orange color, which makes a Corals pop versus the traditional blue/ white
Not one single problem with app disconnecting , and the möbius for the mp 40 the router is 20 feet away.
I’m not techno savvy but I find it funny I can control the colored lights in my backyard Bluetooth, but this app do you have to be in proximity , but once it’s set who cares!!!

Back