Hitchhikers guide for reef tanks

I just joined the site today, so i'm still learning about all the different aspects of keeping a reef tank. This thread has been really helpful! Thanks so much. :thumbs:

Can anyone ID this thing that was swimming around my tank?
watch

This morning when I turned on the light on the aquarium I saw a small criter ran back into the rock I didn't get a good look at it I took the rock out but can't find that hitchhiker.

<u>Parasitic Isopod or Creoland Isopod

</u>Oh my.. those are creepy.. in the fish mouths! Eek! Do alot of these parasites & creatures come on live rock? How do you know if you have them? If you have them, how do you get rid of them?

we just started cycling out tank on monday I was thrilled to see the little brown guy in there but at last he is an <u>Aiptasia</u> and has met an untimely death sigh shame nature didn't make him something useful

Just want to put this out there the "mysis" shrimp you have listed are really "mysid" shrimp. Mysis shrimp are fresh water while mysid shrimp are saltwater and smaller

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

ok i have a couple that no one has been able to tell me what these HKs are. Any ideas?

WP_20140304_001circled_zps8446dda2.jpg
alt="" />

This one contracts when it is agitated or dark.
WP_20140219_004_zps9bdda3a3.jpg
alt="" />

Back