Microsoft is currently blocking all communication emails from Xenforo cloud server

Cook

President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Everyone, it has become known to us that there is an issue with some members receiving email notifications from the forum. Microsoft has blacklisted (blocked) the Xenforo cloud email server. Any Microsoft email address like .hotmail, .live, .365, etc....are currently not receiving ARC email communications. Xenforo has submitted a request to Microsoft to have the block lifted, but there is no ETA on when this will occur. Switching to a non-Microsoft email address in the ARC forum preferences will restore forum email communication. If this isn't a solution for you, checking the forum directly is the best course of action until we can determine next steps which may be implementing a third party email server at additional expense.

Other email domains are NOT affected and no action should be taken at this time for users that have opted to receive emails related to forum activity. You should still be receiving emails from the server as normal.

The issue I ran into, is that it kicked me out and said I had to confirm my email address to regain access to the forums. I couldn’t confirm my email address because it wasn’t being sent (hotmail). I eventually tried to change my email address my account was registered to, and that also gave me an error but then gave me access again somehow.

I couldn’t message people directly or post in any forum posts, including my own. It was quite the predicament to try and figure out being unable to do either, luckily whatever I did worked.

If anyone gets locked out, reply to the message on Facebook and we can work to resolve. @Hunna , the software locks the account after a certain number of email bounces.

I believe so yes. I restored another users email notifications and Zenforo has not locked him out due to bounced emails, which is what was happening before.

I checked and I don't see any email bounces for the last couple of weeks in the server log. If anyone is still having trouble please let us know.

Sorry for the delay. This matter has been resolved. Anyone still having issues with authentication please contact an officer for assistance.

Back