Are these flatworms?

SaltwaterGardening

Trustee
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
A while back, I noticed the appearance of these tiny Pac-Man “ghost” looking creatures moving across the glass walls. My nassarius snails had laid eggs, so I suspected that was it until I realized these things never developed a shell.

I pulled one out of the water to explore and think it may be a type of flatworm. Understand wrasses, springeri damsels, or spotted mandarin might do the job.

My tank has a 65 gallon display and is about 8 months old. Do others agree this is best approach or are chemicals recommended? I do have sand for the burying wrasses. Appreciate the insight! Terrible photo, but you can somewhat see the black eyes, but not the triangle head. F60AEDE0-3713-4EA2-9092-7FBF72DF3379.jpeg

A while back, I noticed the appearance of these tiny Pac-Man “ghost” looking creatures moving across the glass walls. My nassarius snails had laid eggs, so I suspected that was it until I realized these things never developed a
I pulled one out of the water to explore and think it may be a type of flatworm. Understand wrasses, springeri damsels, or spotted mandarin might do the job.

My tank has a 65 gallon display and is about 8 months old. Do others agree this is best approach or are chemicals recommended? I do have sand for the burying wrasses. Appreciate the insight! Terrible photo, but you can somewhat see the black eyes, but not the triangle head. View attachment 37143
Hard to tell from pic. See Melev reef for critter ID. Springers damsels work great as cleanup crew as do the target mandarins esp the females.

Back