24 Gal Cube SPS nano reef tank

Chromium, Iron and Manganese are some of the daily dosed elements with Moonshiners, nickel and zinc are corrected monthly. All of these are elements that will be absorbed by your ATS. You should just take the leap and start the shine, it will change your element additions into a scientific tested calculation instead of a guessing game with RS C&B. Andre even has a bunch of his elements in "nano" versions to be easier to dose on tanks less than 100 gallons, like yours.

I guess I can’t help but to join atm with my situation? I know Tropical marine has two part traces and Kz etc that seems to be having good result with as well.

Teaching a wife micro dosing is going to be fun.

I guess I can’t help but to join atm with my situation? I know Tropical marine has two part traces and Kz etc that seems to be having good result with as well.

Teaching a wife micro dosing is going to be fun.
I'm not positive what different elements all for reef breaks into, or what is in each KZ product, but there are lots of discussions on the reef moonshiners facebook support group, I'm certain I have seen some people discussing the use of all for reef with moonshiner. Even though you had a setback, clearly what you are doing is still making a good looking tank, so if you do swap over, or change more stuff, always remind yourself to do it slow and research first. The tank is looking good.

I’ve always try to aim for stability and small tweaking. Making a note of what I’m doing Ben very helpful.

I am in the reef moonshiners Facebook group since starting this tank and been watching time to time.

I was not planning on getting into minor elements but seems like I have no choice which I am perfectly fine with. I just want to go simple as possible. For future.

1 year 6month update:
-Cyano is gone on its own.

Changed light from xr15 pro to xr30 blue (gen5’s). Initially wanted to add two blade but when I got it, it didn’t look pleasing and chouldnt find the proper mounting kit (sold out) so I returned it and find xr-30.

IMG_6438.jpeg

Changed out 3x Nero3 to 2x hygger gyre wave makers. Super cheap. I’ve got 4yr extended warranty thru Amazon. I’ve picked this over jebao after doing some research. Very easy to disassemble and very quiet. Both has smallest footprint for gyre wavemaker which is reason I’ve picked this over other expensive ones. Probably make a move once they become smaller footprint.
This is my first time using gyre pump and so far I like the flow that I’m getting. I have one on random and on pulse cross flow pattern.
IMG_6485.jpeg

IMG_6492.jpeg

IMG_6504.jpeg

Wife does not like the way the gyre pump looks. I had to convince her that this is good.
IMG_6506.jpeg

Corals are starting to grow again.

My nitrate is around 8-9 and phosphate is around 0.8.

Dkh 8.8 calcium 435 Mag 1350

Ph is average at 8.24

IMG_6483.jpeg

I be working on making a new LPS reef tank in few week to month time.

This is my old JBJ 15Gal aio that was given to my wife for past year ended up losing interest and gives me reason to use all my additional equipments laying around.

Only thing I will need is ATO.

Plan to move my hammer rock and lepto’s and add some anemones etc. Keeping it very easy to maintain.

Old picture of the tank. I am using exactly the same rock which is Caribsea Nano tree. Same powerhead same media, but plan to white sand etc. Either hydra 26hd (which I am planing to use if not sold to make everything run on myAI app.) or xr15 pro.

IMG_4457.jpeg

Resized_Resized_20220813_174220.jpeg

Soon to be alive again <><

IMG_6525.jpeg

Front tank Shot:

-Gyre pumps are making wave motions and making my hammer corals fluffier. I think it’s something I should have done long time ago -.-

IMG_6649.jpeg

-Replaced filter roller (lasts 3month from Nov).

-Replaced CO2 Media (lasted 1month and I think it still have life left but replaced when noticed deeping for two days in a row). For some reason the pH was at 8.05 lowest after changing, noticed recirculating airline was filled with water and blocking. It was not recirculating but drawing fresh air only.

IMG_6652.png

Took a top down shot while feeding Sebae Anemone that I’ve added. You can see him in the back wall. He moved about few inches from where I put ‘em (right below where clowns sleep). and seems to found a home near the overflow.

IMG_6721.jpeg

IMG_6731.jpeg

IMG_6732.jpeg
IMG_6730.jpeg

Took some clean shots this morning and realized that my hammer garden needed to be elevated. Ended up adding two small rocks in front. And seating the garden on top and made it secure as best as I can. (I did move whole structure back closer to the wall). Running out of the space -.-;

Another top down shot. lol

IMG_6810.jpeg

Old Amazon fire is used for apex display. Removed air stone, the turf scrubber. Also removed 7 head bubble magus doser that was dosing Red Sea ABCD (replaced with Brightwell replenish) and vinegar.

IMG_6802.jpeg

BRS co2 scrubber recirculating to tunze skimmer.

IMG_6809.jpeg

Hammer corals we’re dyeing in the back side and blue wall hammer needed to be elevated. Also removed all the encrusting corals from the back wall onto the flag disks.

IMG_6813.jpeg

IMG_6816.jpeg

IMG_6817.jpeg

Re-aquascaped. Added two small piece of same rock to elevate the hammer rock. Removed two of seven to another rock.

IMG_6825.jpeg

I was worried about the flow but they seems to better.

IMG_6827.jpeg

Finally got around to adding some dirty water in 15g aio tank. I’m just going to cure the rock and use the tank as either hospital tank or anemone tank. Unfortunately I did end up returning Sebae anemone back to LFS -.-; Anemone never took a hold btw rock and sand. Maybe the foot was damaged? (Pictured when returing) I left It in the same spot for 2 week with no luck.

-Sebae Anemone. Color gotten much darker but never got the foot to hold down. It never moved either.

IMG_6922.jpeg

Anyways, here is the 15Gal Jbj being reborn. Lol

IMG_7009.jpeg

I took water from the 24Gal (10G in total) and 5Gal fresh

This is how my weekly water change looks. Using old tank water to assist with cycling.
41EE3224-1923-459B-9B11-9CFF3DFC0AB9.jpeg

2nd bucket was less gunky.
IMG_7016.jpeg

I’ve added one small rock and seven bio sphere from the other tank. Just going to keep it running for few months without the lights. Do regular water change with water coming out of 24Gallon. Will eventually add some corals and go from there.

I like to get some advices. Please give me a tips as how I should cycle this tank?
IMG_7019.jpeg

Front tank shot this morning. Tank is doing good.

IMG_7006.jpeg

IMG_7007.jpeg

IMG_7008.jpeg

1 Yr 8 Month Update…

Not much changes. Also noticed the tank seems to do better when I am out of the town and not messing with it. I am noticing colors coming back and some corals are showing some growth.

- 1 pack of CO2 media is lasting me 5weeks. Skimmer runs 12hrs at night at keeps pH average 8.45.

- 2 Gyre pumps are working great. 75% & 70% on Pulse mode 24/7. I Havnt cleaned it yet.

- Radion is running AB+ at 50% intensity. Increasing about 2% each week.

IMG_7270.jpeg

Top down another day while doing water changes.

IMG_7225.jpeg

Curing/seeding some dead rocks. Havnt tested anything. I think I’ll just let it run and add some corals out of above tank.

IMG_7272.jpeg

I’ve Gotten free 40B setup from Awesome member @tbrennan that I will eventually upgrade to. But this nano tank isn’t fully matured. So I’ll have that 40B setup when time comes. <><

Looks like this: Will be buying a new 40B from petco and will replace the tank due to some leak possibility. This will give me double the length.

IMG_7187.jpeg

1yr 10month update:
-All things are mostly on auto pilot. Been collecting gears here and there for upgrade later
-Added 14 more frags to the 24G.
-Changed salt from Frits Rpm to AF Reef salt (Thanks to the group buying >.< ). 1 month of usage so far. I like how fast it mixes. Measurement is exactly the same for both salt for mixing which was nice.
-Replace return pumps to AI axis 40 and Axis 20 for 15G. So much quieter. Very impressed with the performance. Debating if I should use Axis 90 or eco tech s2 for upgrade.
-Added extra gyre pump.
-pH is running above 8.69 so the skimmer turns off when it goes to 8.59 and turns back on when below 8.25. Skimmer with co2 scrubber is running 24/7 because I took the ATS off line. I was concern with algae growth in display and there are some extra patches of algae here and there. Maybe I should get some turbo snails. They definitely keep them mown down.
-Kalk is running 24/7 with AFR
-Running diy nitrate and phosphate or my nutrients seems to bottom out (feeding frozen 3 times a day).
-Dosing Brightwell Replenish and Restore on auto

Find 1yr apart photo

March 30th 2022 (Many of initial frags died around Aug-Oct 2023 due to unstable system caused by me -.-)

IMG_6660.jpeg

March 30th 2024 (Coral date showing visible signs of growth and some of colors are coming back as well).

IMG_7598.jpeg

IMG_7595.jpeg

IMG_7596.jpeg

AIO 15G. I am seeing diatom (been about a month) and brown hair algae on the pumps(must been recently). Below picture was taken week ago.
IMG_7730.jpeg

Apex screenshot:

IMG_7807.png

ICP test results: currently running every 3minth for snapshot of the tank. High iodine maybe the test fault or because I feed frozen only. Idk.
Low strontium and potassium is being addressed.

IMG_7808.png

IMG_7809.png

Thank you. This morning…. One of the new coral was bleached and died.

For whatever reason my alk consumption was went down by 0.5dkh per day? (I am not sure the full consumption of alkalinity in my tank. I only use method of testing at the same time).

I think it maybe from the strontium and potassium dosing. I didn’t follow the instructions. -.-;

Turned off the kalk for 8hr this morning and will observe the tank. Did 5Gal water change as usual.

Everything else seems okay. Idk, the coral was in the tank about two weeks now.

IMG_7833.jpeg

IMG_7832.jpeg

Thank you. This morning…. One of the new coral was bleached and died.

For whatever reason my alk consumption was went down by 0.5dkh per day? (I am not sure the full consumption of alkalinity in my tank. I only use method of testing at the same time).

I think it maybe from the strontium and potassium dosing. I didn’t follow the instructions. -.-;

Turned off the kalk for 8hr this morning and will observe the tank. Did 5Gal water change as usual.

Everything else seems okay. Idk, the coral was in the tank about two weeks now.

View attachment 88071

View attachment 88072
Is that the red dragon? They are super sensitive to changes, but I think you got that from me, if you did, I got a free replacement for you when you’re ready to try again

Is that the red dragon? They are super sensitive to changes, but I think you got that from me, if you did, I got a free replacement for you when you’re ready to try again
Thank you @civics14. I think you are right. I can tell that the coral was sensitive. Polyp next came out. I will take up on your offer when I do the upgrade :). At some other ones you have. 😎

I made an adjustment to my aquascape which tilted the main rock forward about 30%. You can see the top picture with monti in the back which shows how horrible of gluing I do with all the corals. lol.

I’ve added a maxima clam in the center (yesterday), and moved one of the small rock to the top of back corner. I only had clam for brief time while back in the 120 before giving to a friend. He seems happy so far. Noted to be wild caught, but tank conditioned. 😎

Moved few frags out of 24 and put ‘em in the 15.
Added bumblebee snails to combat vermetid snails.

Front
IMG_7914.jpeg

Right
IMG_7915.jpeg

Left
IMG_7916.jpeg

IMG_7909.jpeg

15Gal
IMG_7907.jpeg

Woke up to see that the clam decided to change its position. Noticed clear shrimp been irritating it but then the fire shrimp comes to rescue and fight him off the clam. Kinda cool… So far, he didn’t jump off the rock. And seems to be attached to the rock very securely. It’s also been grazed by the large snail and it was able to hold its weight up. lol

How I’ve put ‘em:
IMG_7918.jpeg

How he wants to be:
IMG_7923.jpeg

Back