Tank is cycled and hopefully everything luves

AWarnick

Supporting
Reaction score
So all the water is in the new 215 gallon tank. I think I have all the leaks eliminated. I finished filling the tank a week ago. I addded a bunch of Dr. Tims and started dosing ammonia. I would
Have though with the seasoned rock and having the new pieces in a functioning saltwater tank for a months that there would be bacteria dying to eat the ammonia…..nope. Waiting, waiting waiting ….dosing microbacter 7. Waiting. My plan was to cycle the tank and then boom add everything in one day from my Planet 105. I don’t think I can do that until the nitrogen cycle completes. Waiting. I would like to have all my critters and corals back in my living room. Let me know if anyone has recommendations or magic fairy dust as this ammonia number is not coming down from at least 2.0 ( highest my test goes)

Check out this thread. Someone tested a bunch of bacteria products to see which cycled the fastest.

TLDR: get some Fritz Turbo Start 900. It got 2ppm ammonia to 0 in just 48 hours. Bio Spira is great too.

IMG_1191.jpeg
Added a couple of AP9xs yesterday. I found someone on reef2reef that 3d printed brackets for the 8020 railing. I will have a goal of 4 or 5 AP9x fixtures for the. When I am ready to turn on the lights. I also had my first significant decrease in ammonia. I dosed again and we will see if the bacteria are working thier magic second time around. I also received a batch of live sand from AquaBiomics, I added it to the tank and will be cloudy for a least a day. Hoping I can nitrogen cycle is complete by this weekend.

Clock Tick Tock GIF by MOODMAN

if not let me know - you can come grab a small rock and some sand from our todafish tank to help if you would like - it's been fallow for over a month and never had any fish other than the toadfish.

You may get a bristleworm or asterina - otherwise pest free - never had corals in the tank either.

I will swear by this stuff.. I got it at Pure Reef..

I will swear by this stuff.. I got it at Pure Reef..
Do you? Like, really really swear by this stuff? LOL :)

As of last weekend I have all the fish and coral in the new tank. My ammonia dropped to 0 on Saturday and I moved everything on Sunday. What an exhausting job, my knees were broken from going up and down the stairs.

Some pics, everything happy so far.
72011903406__123F7049-AA25-46A1-873A-EF2273B06135.jpg

I have my 4 AP9X's on a 8020 DIY light rail with cables to the ceiling.

My clowns found their home after a day of hiding
72011908979__8D491741-E10F-4B89-9424-8C52926FDCA3.jpg

Jury is still out on all the acros but they look good for now:
72011905558__5B0018D2-BCC9-48E1-A47B-8CF89FC5EC13.jpg

Back