My First Tank: Innovative Marine 15 Cube

SaltedCarmel

Market
Reaction score
I’m finally getting around to sharing my experience with reefing after a minor delay of 6 months and 17 days. I’ve always dreamt of having saltwater fish, and a college coral class was the perfect excuse to take the dive!

Current inhabitants:
- 2x Black Oscellaris Clowns (1 Misbar)
- 1x Sailfin Blenny (Emblemaria pandionis)
- 3 photosynthetic gorgonians (not doing so hot at the moment)
- 3-headed frogspawn (unfortunately an emerald took a liking to it and it’s now in recovery)
- various zoas, palys
- candy cane coral
- various SPS (Gifted by very kind members here)
- obligatory GSP on the back wall
- snail + hermit crab CUC

Attachments

• IMG_8587.jpeg
    IMG_8587.jpeg
    368.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8568.jpeg
    IMG_8568.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8531.jpeg
    IMG_8531.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8474.jpeg
    IMG_8474.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8240.jpeg
    IMG_8240.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 39
I’m finally getting around to sharing my experience with reefing after a minor delay of 6 months and 17 days. I’ve always dreamt of having saltwater fish, and a college coral class was the perfect excuse to take the dive!

Current inhabitants:
- 2x Black Oscellaris Clowns (1 Misbar)
- 1x Sailfin Blenny (Emblemaria pandionis)
- 3 photosynthetic gorgonians (not doing so hot at the moment)
- 3-headed frogspawn (unfortunately an emerald took a liking to it and it’s now in recovery)
- various zoas, palys
- candy cane coral
- various SPS (Gifted by very kind members here)
- obligatory GSP on the back wall
- snail + hermit crab CUC
Oh and I temporarily had some macroalgae in the tank before moving it to a separate “mangrove bowl” I’m attempting.

If you would consider being a supporting member i got some nice frags you can come get lmk. Its a amazing group of guys here. And most important of all the knowledge these supporting members are willing to share with you

welcome! I had no idea colleges offer a class on corals. That’s pretty cool. Any fun fact to share?
Haha, most don’t but I’m at UGA studying Marine Biology! A cool fact would be that octocorals, such as gorgonians etc., are closely related to jellyfish! In fact, there are some species that begin life in a “coral-like stage” and eventually separate and become what we know to be a jellyfish.

If you would consider being a supporting member i got some nice frags you can come get lmk. Its a amazing group of guys here. And most important of all the knowledge these supporting members are willing to share with you
The knowledge has been so valuable so far! I’m always trying to learn more. As for supporting, I really wish I could. Once I get out of college and settle, I’ll definitely give back to this amazing community!

The knowledge has been so valuable so far! I’m always trying to learn more. As for supporting, I really wish I could. Once I get out of college and settle, I’ll definitely give back to this amazing community!
It’s $20 for annual membership, and it opens up a lot of possibilities. It’s definitely worth not eating out one day.

Back