WTF is wrong with my hammers?

If you’re sure it isn’t your salinity…most people would default to saying it’s bacterial. But maybe your hammers were stinging each other? Not all euphyllia get along.

I see that your neon candy canes on that side are also suffering however the teal ones on the other side look fine which leads me to think something is going on on that side of the tank…

If you’re sure it isn’t your salinity…most people would default to saying it’s bacterial. But maybe your hammers were stinging each other? Not all euphyllia get along.

I see that your neon candy canes on that side are also suffering however the teal ones on the other side look fine which leads me to think something is going on on that side of the tank…
Wouldn't the bigger hammer win between the two if they were stinging each other? The larger one is the one suffering.

Yeah, the candy cane has me confused. When I had it next to the other it looked much worse. It actually improved over there.

Here are the rest of my parameters
1000001730.jpg

Wouldn't the bigger hammer win between the two if they were stinging each other? The larger one is the one suffering.

Yeah, the candy cane has me confused. When I had it next to the other it looked much worse. It actually improved over there.

Here are the rest of my parameters
View attachment 85547
KH is being measured in PPM, correct? If not, and you're using DKH, 120 is outrageously high. Zeroed nutrients are also an issue, but wouldn't be the culprits IME. BJD can afflict trumpets too, they just tend to be more resistant than hammers.

KH is being measured in PPM, correct? If not, and you're using DKH, 120 is outrageously high. Zeroed nutrients are also an issue, but wouldn't be the culprits IME. BJD can afflict trumpets too, they just tend to be more resistant than hammers.
I assume it was PPM. Since I had it tested at Premier Aquatics and dude didn't say, "Holy shit your KH is sky high!". 😁

I assume it was PPM. Since I had it tested at Premier Aquatics and dude didn't say, "Holy shit your KH is sky high!". 😁
Haha it's always good to check. that leaves your DKH at 6.7, so a little low but not terrible. I would work to raise it to around 7-8 after the hammers are dealt with.

There's a bunch of stuff that individually might not be the cause. But reading zero p04 and n03 plus low mag isn't a good combo for hammers and torches. My guess is if it's bacterial it might be from them being weak from those numbers. Get no3 and p04 to AT LEAST registering numbers and mag 1350. 1400-1500 mag would be better

There's a bunch of stuff that individually might not be the cause. But reading zero p04 and n03 plus low mag isn't a good combo for hammers and torches. My guess is if it's bacterial it might be from them being weak from those numbers. Get no3 and p04 to AT LEAST registering numbers and mag 1350. 1400-1500 mag would be better
What's the best way to get the no3 and po4 up? I've got a phos bag in there now.

An easy route is brightwell neophos. Loudwold trisdodium phosphate and diy a solution. For n03 you could use neonitro or diy with sodium nitrate or calcium nitrate. There's ther options but I don't want to get too complicated in thr dosing game for ya.

Sure...more fish is more nutrients in the end. There's a lot of success in the heavy in and heavy out approach..I just do it a little differently

Back