Would this work? Lighting schedule

jamos5790

Supporting
Reaction score
This is the BRS recommendation for the lights I have. The only thing is I can not raise them to 18", right now 12" is the highest I can go. What I have noticed is that my toadstool opens as the lights ramp up and down but close up for most of the peak light time. I have been running
red and green 6%
White 34%
Blues 70%

I do not have access to a par meter, which I know is best.

Do you think it would hurt anything to cut the BRS version by 1/3 seeing as my height is 1/3 lower?

That will put
Red and green at 6%
White 29%
Blues 57%

Just an update I changed the lights to the above settings and almost instantly the toadstool came back out. Now I guess I just need to watch the ditgi and monti I have to make sure they are getting enough.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230428_120651_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230428_120651_Chrome.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I think your digitata and other montipora will do great in a lower light. I have a high light and low light aquarium and they seem to do better in the lower light one. Corals are adaptable, they might complain a bit and take time to transition back to growth mode but should work out fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start low and work your way up. Photons are bright as crap at 100% out of the box.

One over a 65 will be more than enough to grow whatever you want.

I would remommend you borrow or rent a part meter. Brs rents one and I think the club has one for members. You can eyeball it based on how corals are doing but par meter is the only way to be sure.

It's always safer to err on the side of low light and slowly brighten it than going with too high light. It would take a pretty long time to kill something with lowlight, but you can bleach something with too high pretty fast.

I've adjusted them to

Red and green at 6%
White 20%
Blues 60%

Everything seems happy, been running it like this for a week plus. Toad is staying open all day now

Back