Combining tanks, a few questions.

Alexxowen

Supporting
Reaction score
So my 24G aio tank just had the lights break, and I don’t have the money to get new ones. I’m thinking about adding all the livestock over to my 65G but I have questions about compatibility. What’s the likelyhood most of what’s in my 24G would be bullied on sight if I added them?

1. The 65 I got from someone included their livestock; 4 large blue damsels, 3 ocellaris clowns, and a small Sailfin tang (I know the tank is too small).

2. 24G livestock includes 2 percula clowns, a six lined wrasse, Pinkbar Goby and tiger pistol shrimp, and lawnmower blenny. And various corals of course.

That’s lots of livestocks to add to 65 as well as adding them all at the same time is bad idea.

Fishes don’t really need lights as does for the corals. So I would take time making proper adjustment and rehiring them if need to.

Damsels are A-holes and the tang is already in a small tank so Id sell those. Pick which set of clowns you want to keep and sell the others. Whats left will be fine together in a 24 all be it a bit heavy on the bio load.

derped on the tank size, ment the 65 gallon. What light is on the 65?

derped on the tank size, ment the 65 gallon. What light is on the 65?
The tank has 2 RedSea LED 90s. The livestock that’s already in the tank gets along well. The 3 clowns are always swimming together and i haven’t seen any hostility. The livestock in the 24 also all seem to get along well with a relatively low bioload, but that’s also because none of those fish are very big.

Damsels are A-holes and the tang is already in a small tank so Id sell those. Pick which set of clowns you want to keep and sell the others. Whats left will be fine together in a 24 all be it a bit heavy on the bio load.
I hate to break down the 24, but I can't afford a new light at this point so at least the corals would have to move

Back