What is your quarantine/observation setup?

biocubebrandon

Market
Reaction score
For this thread I would like to discuss quarantine setups.

What is your quarantine/observation setup?

For me it is a 29 gallon biocube (always running), no sand, one rock/plastic bio balls in the back for biological filtration. I do this so I don't have to do large water changes every 3 days. I keep my fish a minimum of 6 weeks (if I add anything else the clock restarts). Salinity around 1.018, temperature 80 degrees Fahrenheit. I always have copper in the tank. I use Seachem Cupramine at a half dose (test regularly with the Seachem test kit) and have successfully treated fish (from ich) that I was told is sensitive to copper (royal gramma and flame angel). I also feed a varied diet twice a day (frozen, ocean nutrition seaweed). Lastly I give my fish for 3 weeks Dr. G's Anti-Parasitic Caviar Fish Food. Once I add the fish from quarantine to my main display I feed my other fish that have already been in my main display the Dr. G's Anti-Parasitic Caviar for three weeks as a final precaution.

I have been successful with these methods for ich and velvet.

Anyone do freshwater dips? If so what do you use to get the PH of the freshwater right and for how long do you do the dips?

Has anyone treated for flukes and if so, how?

Do you use any other products to treat bacterial infections? Dr. G's also has a caviar for bacterial infections but I have not tried it yet.

Back