We're thinking about postponing the 6/13 meet.

Should the June meet be moved to 6/27?

• Yes.

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No.

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adam

Trustee
Staff member
Sponsor
Supporting
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

With Aquashella happening next weekend and the unavailablity of most local people to get table we think it might be a good idea to move the the meet out a couple weeks. The following weekend is Father's Day. So that wouldn't work for a lot of people.

Right now there is one person on the books to get a table on the 13th. Shawn also has some things going on in his life and it doesn't look like he will be able to attend either. @spike said he would set up a table on the 27th and getting the word out this week I'm sure we could get a few more sellers to get a table.

We would like to get all of your input on what you'd like to do. We can still hold the meet this week but it would be more of a social gathering than a true swap. Or we can push it out two weeks and have more vendors to choose from. Please let us know in the poll and please post any thoughts you have.

Thanks

How would you envision that working, for a multi-vendor frag swap/sale?

Giveaways for supporting members could still be virtual, but I’d have to miss the swap unfortunately. I doubt vendors will post everything for sale, but photos would be nice if that is an option for certain vendors. Lots on my wish list! I’d really like to attend in person but can’t make the new date due to other commitments.

I am available both dates. The most important thing is a date when people with frags to sell can attend that suits the most club members. I will have a small number of frags I intend to bring whatever we decide.

Please let us know the new date and time when this is set up. Would love to see Spike and other local vendors so think moving dates when not conflicting with Aquashella is a good idea. Aquashella is an amazing show, so totally understand our local vendors attending.

I am available both dates. The most important thing is a date when people with frags to sell can attend that suits the most club members. I will have a small number of frags I intend to bring whatever we decide.

Please let us know the new date and time when this is set up. Would love to see Spike and other local vendors so think moving dates when not conflicting with Aquashella is a good idea. Aquashella is an amazing show, so totally understand our local vendors attending.
We agree on both of these counts which is why we wanted to ask everyone what we should do. Right now the majority is leaning towards moving the date.
I've got no skin in the game one way or the other, but I think putting on a better meet for everyone is more beneficial for all of us.

Once we finalize the date move I'm going to ask Glenn to put the word out with his contacts to see if any are interested. I just don't want to jump the gun.

Everyone needs to think about this, do we want a meeting to just meet, :rolleyes:, or do we want a mini expo? If all we want is to meet then we can continue with the Zoom meetings, if you ACTUALLY want to meet other members and chat about the one thing that brings us all together, aka REEFING, then you want a mini expo. After going to Reefapalooza Orlando, I can say it was good to actually meet and talk to vendors and other reefers.

I wanted to attend this weekend but am tied up with kids stuff. Would love to bring my boys too so I'm good with it moving out, even into early July if need be but I might be in the minority. Ultimately whatever works for the most people is best.

I am good with whatever you decide. I prefer to push it back but I understand if you decide not too and we can’t meet everyone at the next meeting.

Thank you for everyone's input.

We have decided to move the event date to the 27th. Everything else is the same as far as time and location.
We know Spike will be setting up a table. Dave Ball will let us know if he can make that date or not. If he can't, Spike will have Dave's items for sale.
As we get more vendors confirmed we will update the main event thread.

Again, thank you all for understanding. We plan on having a much better event. For those that can't make the new date, we're sorry this change effected you and we hope to see you at one of the future meets.

Back