Torch coral splitting/Dying?

Alexxowen

Supporting
Reaction score
Picture quality is kinda bad, but I got this frag this week, one joker torch which is doing great, and this indo green. The indo green seems to have been fragged while in the process of splitting, and this smaller side isn’t looking so hot after a few days it looked fine the last 4 days, however after it opened this morning, it’s been slowly receding, while the larger half still seems to be thriving. any advice or thoughts on what’s happening. Coming from the receded side, it’s got what looks like torn/damaged tentacles. IMG_7252.jpeg

In addition, will the head that still seems to be doing well be affected by the side that’s retracted/dying if it does fully kick the bucket

The left one is dying. Ive seen them come back from worse but in general - its a goner.
To answer your second post - nobody knows. It could be bacterial, it could be stress, it could be environmental...whether or not it'll affect the right torch would just be a guess.

The left one is dying. Ive seen them come back from worse but in general - its a goner.
To answer your second post - nobody knows. It could be bacterial, it could be stress, it could be environmental...whether or not it'll affect the right torch would just be a guess.
I was hoping the entire left one wouldn’t die because it appeared to be in the process of splitting when they fragged it. But it definitely looks worse today over all. The joker torch on the right still looks fantastic. I’m wondering if I should try and break off the dying drag and move it, 1. Just incase it comes back 2. So it has a lower chance of infected the one that’s touching it, If that’s something that can happen

Back