Tank sitter buddy

djqtipsy

Supporting
Reaction score
Is there a group or thread here that would be interested in this? It would be nice to have someone stop by and feed and check on your tank when out of town or what not. IMO, better to have someone who knows what they're looking at and for.

Friends usually do it for me. I honestly don’t know how I’d feel about random non professions coming into my home when I’m away.

Premiere Aquatics and some of the other LFS's have a for fee service. They've done a great job for me a few times in the past.

We've talked about doing a thread for Emergencies. The easiest way I've found in to attend and event or two, meet a few folks and reach out to someone that lives close and have a conversation. Volunteer to help out, make friends in the community and you'll have plenty of contacts for tank sitting. I've got 5-6 people off the top of my head that I'd reach out to if needed (they better come through!) We have cats and chickens and the person who looks after them is in charge of feeding the fish but if there's any problem I've got a few numbers.

I’ll gladly help out anyone between my home in Smyrna and work in Roswell if ever needed.

I'd be interested in connecting with folks that live in the Dawsonville/North Cumming area, I've tried the LFS/Company tank sitter route, but most won't go that far north, and the few that will are pricey. I wouldnt mind at all stopping by someone's place who lives close to me while they're out of town and checking on their tank/feeding live/frozen, checking ATOs etc... and I'd feel a lot better with someone who knows what they are doing checking on mine when we are out of town. Right now I have family who doesn't know a thing about aquariums watch mine when we're out of town and it seems like I lose a fish almost every time we go out of town... I'm pretty sure they are not going by to feed as often as they are telling me they are... but they are watching it for me for free and you get what you pay for, right? 🤣

I'd be interested in connecting with folks that live in the Dawsonville/North Cumming area, I've tried the LFS/Company tank sitter route, but most won't go that far north, and the few that will are pricey. I wouldnt mind at all stopping by someone's place who lives close to me while they're out of town and checking on their tank/feeding live/frozen, checking ATOs etc... and I'd feel a lot better with someone who knows what they are doing checking on mine when we are out of town. Right now I have family who doesn't know a thing about aquariums watch mine when we're out of town and it seems like I lose a fish almost every time we go out of town... I'm pretty sure they are not going by to feed as often as they are telling me they are... but they are watching it for me for free and you get what you pay for, right? 🤣
Yes, this is what I was looking for. I have friends that can come help in a pinch but to have someone in the hobby that knows what to look for would be a plus.

Back