T-Cam’s 75 Gallon

Looking good, that rock on the left looks super cool and I can see all kinds of places for fish to hide. I also like the utility of having multiple different rocks that you can place corals onto that won't necessarily bridge to another rock. This will allow you have have zoas and encrusters on some rocks without worry of a mass takeover of the single scape you had in the first picture.
This is my goal! I want to be able to have zoas, mushrooms, and other prolific spreaders in the tank while minimizing the chances they take over the tank

I don't remember if you said that this tank will be a bare bottom or not. Bare bottoms have been growing on me and your scape looks perfect for it.
Bare bottom tanks are really nice and allow you to crank up the flow but I would rather have sand simply so I can house a lot of different inverts

DBB120D5-F7D5-47E2-B16E-B2B7B5B71ED9.jpeg
Got a lot accomplished with the tank this weekend. The main thing being the plumbing being finished up until the Union before the algae scrubber (I’ve got cut and weld the acrylic for that still). I filled it up with tap and tested it for leaks and of course I had some lol. I fixed those and drained the whole thing and now I’m slowly filling it with RODI water.

Attachments

• FBEFB416-B993-4427-B06C-596157B04C71.jpeg
    FBEFB416-B993-4427-B06C-596157B04C71.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 17ED6CCF-5EC6-4EF6-BD84-A5F2393D0BB9.jpeg
    17ED6CCF-5EC6-4EF6-BD84-A5F2393D0BB9.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 7
I've been considering the stock list of this tank particularly because I am trying my best to make this tank as sterile and disease and pest free as I can. I've started this tank with dead everything and will do my best to QT everything that goes into the tank. The reason I am choosing to be so anal about this is that I plan to house an achilles tang. I understand these fish to be difficult to keep and are ich magnets. I want to house this fish comfortably and not have any concerns with it becoming sick and thus I will do everything I can to give it a clean start.

With that being said, here's my stock list (probably gonna change):
1 - Achilles Tang
2 - Mandarin Gobies
2 (or 3) - Zebrasoma Tangs (not sure exactly which ones, however, I 'hope' they exhibit some schooling behavior)
1 - Hippo Tang
1 - Flame Angel
3 - Anthias
2 - Ocellaris Clowns
1 - Diamond Goby

As I said, I tend to stock pretty heavily. I am going to add livestock very, very slowly and likely backwards of the order they are listed, i.e. the diamond goby and clown fish first, the anthias and flame angel next, and so on so forth. I 'plan' to do this to mitigate aggression, and slowly increase the bioload of the tank so that nutrient control is not too bad of an issue.

I intend to QT the fish myself or purchase them all QT as well as QT the corals for 45 days. I will have a small 20 gallon long set up in another room that will serve as coral QT and I will set up and break down an additional 10 gallon as needed for fish QT. I intend to be very adamant about maintaining my display tank as a sterile oasis for its inhabitants.

Back