saltwater disposal?

thbrewst

Market
Reaction score
Can saltwater be poured down house drains with no concerns or is there another way that it should be disposed of? I am thinking about water changes and things like that.

I pour my used salt watter over the weedy areas of the garden and it prevents them from growing back.

Or if you have neighbors you don't like...dump in their yard.....no I'm kidding....I just dump mine in the toilet....

In enough concentration, on the weeds, it will kill them.

It does no harm down a sewer or septic though. The salinity and pH are nearly identical to human urine... So think of it as a 25 gallon pee!

rolo65;563620 wrote: Or if you have neighbors you don't like...dump in their yard.....no I'm kidding....I just dump mine in the toilet....

Hmmmm.... interesting. Perhaps this could be payback for putting dog poop, that she thought was from my dog, on my front door mat and I stepped in.

:up:

Landon;563642 wrote: Hmmmm.... interesting. Perhaps this could be payback for putting dog poop, that she thought was from my dog, on my front door mat and I stepped in.

Don't stomp it out with ur boots ted......

Landon;563642 wrote: Hmmmm.... interesting. Perhaps this could be payback for putting dog poop, that she thought was from my dog, on my front door mat and I stepped in.

Wow... Does she have a garden? Little flower garden? something of the sort? Even better, just cook some LR for a while then leave the rubbermaid open in her garage. Or put skimmate under her car door handles. Something oily in the windshield washer fluid is another evil one, but it can be dangerous too. Got any friends that raise horses? Maybe just a shovel of poo on her door mat would do.

mine goes down the toilet - and the waste water prodcued by the RO waters my lawn..

There is a thread over at RC that talks about how you shouldnt put tank water anywhere other than a drain.

JeF4y;563635 wrote: So think of it as a 25 gallon pee!

So with that said, if I need to add water and my RO unit is out, can I just pee in the tank? Talk about auto-top off...:eek:

thbrewst;563998 wrote: So with that said, if I need to add water and my RO unit is out, can I just pee in the tank? Talk about auto-top off...:eek:

No... the salinity is too high for top-off.

However, I have heard of very successful reefers doing this and having great results, due to the ammonia being added to the system, resulting in a nitrogen source for corals. Having said that, I doubt you'll be sharing or selling too many frags if people find out you started doing that... :)

Back