RBTA vs Nero 5... prognosis? đźš‘

sumtingwong

Market
Reaction score
Hey all,

I need an anemone dr to give me a prognosis on this guy.

Woke up this AM to see the tank kinda cloudy. Noticed that the RBTA was sucked onto the anemone guard I had made.
I was able to extract it out and I've been floating the bag in the water for the time being... the far right picture is a few hours into it.

The foot looks OK, but the green fleshy portion is definitely torn.
5oC9z5X.jpeg

Currently prepping for a water change to be safe... but what should I do at this point? Do a water change and put the RBTA back in the tank? Should I remove the white stuff?
Internet posts lead me to think that these guys are pretty hardy and could survive, but I dont want to risk it dying and taking my tank with it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

They are pretty hardy once acclimated. I'd iodine dip and put it in some sort of basket to let if heal. Water does have to flow into the basket but not too much, ie don't let the water get stagnant in the basket. If the white stuff can be easily blown off I would...if not I'd leave it alone.
Keep an eye on it and if it does turn into mush - take it out or may nuke your tank.

Based on the pics - I'd guess that it'll recover if the parameters are correct

They are pretty hardy once acclimated. I'd iodine dip and put it in some sort of basket to let if heal. Water does have to flow into the basket but not too much, ie don't let the water get stagnant in the basket. If the white stuff can be easily blown off I would...if not I'd leave it alone.
Keep an eye on it and if it does turn into mush - take it out or may nuke your tank.

Based on the pics - I'd guess that it'll recover if the parameters are correct
2LS819L.jpeg

thanks for the response... got the guy tucked away in a container for now!

designing a better guard in the meantime

P6KflyF.png

So I'm 100% sure he can get out of that basket through those slits...I would definitely put him into something else.

Update on the RBTA... still alive, lookin a little better. Wonder if theres too much light?

Also printed off the new guard for the nero5, if anyone else runs the same pump and needs one just LMK :)

5EXWJPR.jpeg

XZk4oSO.jpeg

Back