Pillbug in live sand...

hsky

Supporting
Reaction score
Some kind of isopod in my new tank, he's walking around happily. Should I pull it out?

IMG_4544.jpeg

I don't know enough to know if this one is a good guy or a bad guy; but if it were in my tank and I could easily pull it out I would, I know there are some types of isopods that are predatory/parasites to fish.

I don't know enough to know if this one is a good guy or a bad guy; but if it were in my tank and I could easily pull it out I would, I know there are some types of isopods that are predatory/parasites to fish.
I have him sitting in a specimen cup for now, just a real weird thing to get in live sand lol

its a submersible roly poly. Never seen that before pretty cool also pretty creepy. I would remove it. If not sure friend or foe treat it as foe until you can trust it. Is it still alive.

I'd keep it. For sure! But I've never, ever been accused of being the smartest person in the room. I love finding stuff like that. I have a few different tanks and I might move it to a smaller one so it would be easier to catch if there's an issue. But if I had a single system, I'd still keep it.

its a submersible roly poly. Never seen that before pretty cool also pretty creepy. I would remove it. If not sure friend or foe treat it as foe until you can trust it. Is it still alive.

He was alive... up until I tossed him outside 😢 Very cool looking critter but dont wanna risk issues in a new tank lol

Back