Questions about reset

Thunderrapson

Reaction score
I've been in the hobby for over 2 years now and have learned a ton. With that knowledge I am looking to "reboot" my little aquarium. My question is, what is the best way to go about selling my current livestock to recoup a little bit of money so I can get new sand, rocks, and then some new corals once the tank has been reestablished?

Why are you looking to reboot? You'll lose valuable progress as far as developing a balanced and healthy microbiome goes. You'll also almost certainly lose money selling off and buying new corals. I feel like a full reboot should be a last resort if it's your only tank.

With that said, your best bet would probably be to sell your livestock on this forum if you don't want to deal with shipping. Never had any luck on Craigslist and FB marketplace doesn't allow live animals. You'll either need to become a supporting member or get your post count up to be able to sell on the forum

Last edited:
Why are you looking to reboot? You'll lose valuable progress as far as developing a balanced and healthy microbiome goes. You'll also almost certainly lose money selling off and buying new corals. I feel like a full reboot should be a last resort if it's your only tank.

With that said, your best bet would probably be to sell your livestock on this forum if you don't want to deal with shipping. Never had any luck on Craigslist and FB marketplace doesn't allow live animals. You'll either need to become a supporting member or get your post count up to be able to sell on the forum
It pretty much comes down to just wanting to setup my tank knowing more about flow and lighting needs and wanting to setup for different coral choices.

Back