Phosphates in calcium reactor media

lshin037

Market
Reaction score
Are phosphates supplied by calcium reactor media? Cal and alk are supplied in the correct ratio and some mag as well. Wondering if enough phosphates are delivered by the media. Do I need to worry about phosphates bottoming out if using a calrx?

I would think that phosphate would not be a by-product of the calcium reactor because phosphate is a form of food for the coral and used as energy, the same would be true for nitrate. I'm certainly not an expert and would like to hear from other reefer as well on this topic.

I tried researching this and only found this article. My PO4 has been 0 (using Hanna ULR and Salifert) for a few weeks and wondering if this needs attention before it becomes a big problem.

No issues with corals. They're growing and coloring up. Exporting through an ATS. I cut the photoperiod from 18 hours to 11 hours. I also upped my acropower dosage from 5ppm/day to 10.

I've dealt with gha, cyano, red turf algae, and diatoms. Im in fear of getting dinos. Seems like its the king of all pests.

Back