cdc91c8e81e5c21b93b8e254f4db3e73.jpg

Here is the tank! Work in progress (been battling Dino’s for months now and just about got them beat back)

Tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woah, now that’s a tank, love the rock work! How long has it been set up? Looks great.

Thanks! Been up for just under a year at this point. Had some trouble with a dino outbreak that I've been slowly working at solving and rebalancing the biome. I think my auto water changes were working too well and bottomed out my nitrates and phosphates lol. More corals will go in next year once I'm satisfied the dinos are in check.

How does a newbie have better rockscape than me?! Don’t be moody with me Bob, it’s just a joke… lol! A compliment really! Welcome to the club, and VERY nice looking tank!!

@civics14 did you end up having a Powerhead on the far end? I’ve tried to avoid it but think I might have to keep a Powerhead there.

@davisg thanks! Haha will have to admit I had a reefer 170 before this one :) worked forever on the rock work in the garage last year though too.

@civics14 did you end up having a Powerhead on the far end? I’ve tried to avoid it but think I might have to keep a Powerhead there.

@davisg thanks! Haha will have to admit I had a reefer 170 before this one :) worked forever on the rock work in the garage last year though too.

Yes, I used a maxspect gyre at that end. ran the cord out and down around bottom panel of the tank opposite of the doors. I used the stickies wire holders to keep the wire held that way.

Just like you, I ran the mp40s on the overflow side.

Yes, I used a maxspect gyre at that end. ran the cord out and down around bottom panel of the tank opposite of the doors. I used the stickies wire holders to keep the wire held that way.

Yeah that’s what I was considering using. Right now got my spare Tunze Powerhead on that side. Appreciate the info!

I forgot to mention, but shortly after I switched to MP40s on that end as well due to the pain in the butt it was to clean the gyres. So if you have all mp40s, I would just do the same with the wires.

I forgot to mention, but shortly after I switched to MP40s on that end as well due to the pain in the butt it was to clean the gyres. So if you have all mp40s, I would just do the same with the wires.

I was considering getting another mp40 on the far side to avoid a cord in the tank and running the cord down. That’s the pain of the peninsula is that you end up sacrificing that front panel of glass with a Powerhead.

I was considering getting another mp40 on the far side to avoid a cord in the tank and running the cord down. That’s the pain of the peninsula is that you end up sacrificing that front panel of glass with a Powerhead.

Yes it is. I have a peninsula again now, but I run it like a regular tank. I just like the clear back panel.

Back