Looking for a place to go diving in the south pacific

enderg60

Market
Reaction score
So Ive been to New Zealand, Aus and Fiji and fell in love with the islands. Im now looking to take a week long trip to another island in the south pacific.

My problem is I have no idea how to choose. Im trying to contact a travel agent but none of them are available till after the new year.

Ive been looking at Bali, Bora Bora, venuatu, marshal islands and so on. GF of course wants some place with a great resort(rooms on stilts in the water is a huge plus for that) I simply care about diving, good food and not crowded beaches.

Anyone have any advice?

Get a new gf

Joking lol

I have heard marshal islands are pretty decent from friends

Hell na! Shes learning to dive for me and this trip and we are using her bosses miles to get there.

Ive heard a few times marshal is one of the best places to dive and I REALLY want to dive some of the atomic test sites but I want some more info before I decide for sure.

EnderG60;1003879 wrote: So Ive been to New Zealand, Aus and Fiji and fell in love with the islands. Im now looking to take a week long trip to another island in the south pacific.

My problem is I have no idea how to choose. Im trying to contact a travel agent but none of them are available till after the new year.

Ive been looking at Bali, Bora Bora, venuatu, marshal islands and so on. GF of course wants some place with a great resort(rooms on stilts in the water is a huge plus for that) I simply care about diving, good food and not crowded beaches.

Anyone have any advice?

I can only offer advice from my investigating the same thing. I want my wife and I to do something similar by our 20th as we both dive. For resort on stilts the ones in Bora Bora and the Maldives(I know, not pacific) look to be the best. A close personal friend has dove in multiple places in the pacific as well and Indonesia was his favorite but I don't know the exact location(s) he went.

The Cook Islands have appealed to me too for some reason. If I had to pick one I'd probably pick Bora Bora.

In any case I'll be jealous of whatever you pick lol!

rdnelson99;1003896 wrote: Bikini Atoll LOL Look it up. :)

No need, thats the main reason I know about marshal islands at all! I was chatting about it with a guy I met in Fiji and he told me its some of the best diving on the planet so it was added to the list.

Also the GF loves sponge bob so thats a plus!

My Sister in law and her husband live there. He works for.... Oh wait, he can't tell us who he works for. I forgot.

Well we had decided on Bora bora and then someone told me about Sulawesi and Raja Ampat in indonesia and might be going there now.

Back