Light bar arm that clamps to tank

MzFixIt

Market
Reaction score
I have been doing research for a generic bracket to attach a light bar (one of those long lights that usually sits on brackets that are slid into the ends of the light) that I can attach to the back of a tank and cantilever the light over the tank versus sitting it on each end. With no luck other than "maybe" being able to jury rig the Orbit light arm that says it's specific for their light.....but I may be able to make it work with some engineering.....but from what other ratings have said some complain that it sags over the tank and that the plastic doesn't hold the light up very well. So, any DIYers out there that may be able to help on my quest? I don't want my lights sitting on the tank with arms and I don't like the idea of trying to figure out a way to hang them from the ceiling. I am looking to set up a new frag tank and would prefer to have a bracket that clamps on to the back of the tank and holds the light out over the tank. Thanks in advance for any DIY suggestions.

I’m facing the same dilemma, although I have a 95 gallon wave tank my lights have been resting on pieces of wood and my tank has been thriving. I just recently picked up some metal square tubing 36” or 48” I’m going to attach to the inside of the stand and go up the back side of the tank and then weld on a piece that comes forward and the lights will screw to plate and they’ll be over the water six or 8 inches,

Back