LFS Recognition

wantsummora acropora

Supporting
Reaction score
I recently visited an LFS that is the furthest from me. I’ve never visited them for that reason; but wow, when I did the coral selection was great, the store clean and neat and the staff fantastic. I have been ther 3 times in a week since. I’ve also realized that most of the LFS’s have chosen a niche. Do we not recognize them for say, Best Coral Selection of the Month or Best Product Selection OTM or Best Hobby Services OTM, etc., etc.? It would help their businesses and the hobbiest IMO. I know we don’t want to alienate any business (or sponsor) but do we reward the ones who could earn a 5 Star rating?

I recently visited an LFS that is the furthest from me. I’ve never visited them for that reason; but wow, when I did the coral selection was great, the store clean and neat and the staff fantastic. I have been ther 3 times in a week since. I’ve also realized that most of the LFS’s have chosen a niche. Do we not recognize them for say, Best Coral Selection of the Month or Best Product Selection OTM or Best Hobby Services OTM, etc., etc.? It would help their businesses and the hobbiest IMO. I know we don’t want to alienate any business (or sponsor) but do we reward the ones who could earn a 5 Star rating?
I don't think the club can or should try to label any LFS as Best (greatest, nicest, of anything) without distracting from the other LFS sponsors. We could do a club LFS/sponsor highlight/focus of the month. Recruit. them to sign up for the option, they can offer sales/deals and the club can do an interview with them to get their personal side published along with a nice pictorial. Club could buy gift certificates for the monthly drawing and make them the sponsor of the meeting for the month.

This post is what should be placed in the sponsors forum with their name published!!!

We need to liven up the sponsor forum a bit maybe we can start posting reviews under each sponsor?
We do this already but could encourage members to post more in the sponsors forum and pull one post monthly to win a $25 GC from that sponsor. Sponsor coordinators for the club could also reach out to sponsors and post what's new in their threads, what's on sale, or going on sale, new shipments...

I don't think the club can or should try to label any LFS as Best (greatest, nicest, of anything) without distracting from the other LFS sponsors. We could do a club LFS/sponsor highlight/focus of the month. Recruit. them to sign up for the option, they can offer sales/deals and the club can do an interview with them to get their personal side published along with a nice pictorial. Club could buy gift certificates for the monthly drawing and make them the sponsor of the meeting for the month.

This post is what should be placed in the sponsors forum with their name published!!!

We do this already but could encourage members to post more in the sponsors forum and pull one post monthly to win a $25 GC from that sponsor. Sponsor coordinators for the club could also reach out to sponsors and post what's new in their threads, what's on sale, or going on sale, new shipments...
Couldnt have said it better.

Did we ever get this rolling?

Does anyone want to volunteer to take this on? I think I can speak for the rest of the BoD when I say this is something we'd love to do! I think it's a great idea and someone just has to run with it. We can support in any way possible but would need some additional help to put something like this together. Please him me up via DM if you're interested.

I will speak for myself now when I say I do not have the time. I volunteer a few hours a week on average to ARC. That's about all I can do with a full time job and a family and I'm o.k. with it. There are so many things we could be doing but in the past we've tried to do most of them at once and end up getting burned out. The goal for 2022 was to have in-person meetings, get some behind-the-scenes items take care of and increase website activity. So far, so good. There are a number of new-ish folks that have been a big help @Gabridge83 @Cook to name a few as well as some more established folks that are all working toward the same goal. If we want to do more, we'd need some more help.

I believe it doesnt violate terms of service. ..and a honorable mention goes to *insert here* for an outstanding selection, tidy shopping experience and worth the drive.

Back