Support ARC LFS Sponsors!

globalbutterfly

Supporting
Reaction score
Wasn’t sure where to post this at first, so I posted it in “Sponsor” forum.
https://atlantareefclub.org/boards/index.php?threads/thanks-atlanta-aquarium.1169131/#post-1173123

But what I really wanted to say was “Support your LFS (LOCAL Fish Store)” and more importantly, “Support the LFS’s that Support YOUR Reef Club!”

Most of got started in this hobby (obsession) with a visit to a LFS. Yes, there are a lot of great online suppliers of equipment, coral and livestock. But it’s the great LFS that are there to answer questions, offer advice and sometimes tell us “No”. It’s the LFS you run to in a panic because some piece of equipment broke, you ran out of something or your stupid Labrador ate all the fish food, AGAIN.

We are fortunate to have several great LFS’s in Atlanta. If you want that to continue, remember that they NEED your business. If you did much Black Friday shopping for reef stuff, you probably noticed they all had pretty similar (or identical) pricing, even on the sales. Most of the time your LFS can get you the same piece of equipment at the same price as the online retailer. Possibly less convenient? Sure. But you are helping that LOCAL small business owner stay in business so they can be there when you need them.

Also, if you are shopping at one of our LFS’s and you remember that they donated a gift certificate, piece of equipment or other prize to one of our raffles (even if YOU didn’t win,) make a point of mentioning it and thank them for supporting the ARC.

Those LFS’s that actively support the Atlanta Reef Club are making a real “investment” in the future of reef keeping hobby in the Atlanta area. They should know that we recognize and appreciate their support and that we take it into consideration when we choose where to shop.

I’ll get off my soapbox now. Have a good night!

Wasn’t sure where to post this at first, so I posted it in “Sponsor” forum.
https://atlantareefclub.org/boards/index.php?threads/thanks-atlanta-aquarium.1169131/#post-1173123

But what I really wanted to say was “Support your LFS (LOCAL Fish Store)” and more importantly, “Support the LFS’s that Support YOUR Reef Club!”

Most of got started in this hobby (obsession) with a visit to a LFS. Yes, there are a lot of great online suppliers of equipment, coral and livestock. But it’s the great LFS that are there to answer questions, offer advice and sometimes tell us “No”. It’s the LFS you run to in a panic because some piece of equipment broke, you ran out of something or your stupid Labrador ate all the fish food, AGAIN.

We are fortunate to have several great LFS’s in Atlanta. If you want that to continue, remember that they NEED your business. If you did much Black Friday shopping for reef stuff, you probably noticed they all had pretty similar (or identical) pricing, even on the sales. Most of the time your LFS can get you the same piece of equipment at the same price as the online retailer. Possibly less convenient? Sure. But you are helping that LOCAL small business owner stay in business so they can be there when you need them.

Also, if you are shopping at one of our LFS’s and you remember that they donated a gift certificate, piece of equipment or other prize to one of our raffles (even if YOU didn’t win,) make a point of mentioning it and thank them for supporting the ARC.

Those LFS’s that actively support the Atlanta Reef Club are making a real “investment” in the future of reef keeping hobby in the Atlanta area. They should know that we recognize and appreciate their support and that we take it into consideration when we choose where to shop.

I’ll get off my soapbox now. Have a good night!

If I could give you more likes I would :). That is very well said and I couldn't agree more!

Back