Let's try this again

Todd, when do you plan on doing the O? I will be doing alot of diving in PC over the next few months. My parents just bought a house on St George Island, which is about 5hrs from the Mighty O. Nice little 2 day trip...

Also, glad to see you back on the boards! Any dive plans with Diane this summer? Or are you doing your own thing... I heard Barry Reef at the end of the Sand Dollar is more or less dead?

Oriskany sometime in August....I leave for Bonaire with Diane on 7/9.....Did PCB about a month ago.... Thinking about doing something in North Carolina..maybe the sharktooth dive or the U-boats...Diving at the GAI every week...yeah, I am staying wet :)

Bari Reef was dying when I dove it 2 years ago..being taken over by Cyno...freaking runoff is killing the reefs...I will let ya know what it looks like this year.

I leave for Key Largo this Saturday and should be diving Sunday through Wednesday. I'm meeting my buddy who just got certified in Phoenix. Anyone know a good dive shop out of KL?

there are several in KL. I've used Blue Water Divers located next to Holiday Inn nice 6-8 pack outfit. Stay away from Ocean Divers unless you want the true cattle boat experience with 24-30 divers on board with you

nothing worthwhile in TB you have to get out 25 miles or so LONG boat ride

Everyone, I just got back from Vortex/PC. The Vis was great and the diving was awesome. We saw 2 big Groupers, a sting ray bigger than I've ever seen before, and a sweet shark while doing our safety stop. For those of you who have never been back to the grate at Vortex it's neat. I wouldn't advise it unless your tech/Cavern trained, but if you are it's neat.

As of this weekend there are 20 new divers in the hobby helping it grow. I look forward to diving with you ARC!!!

Alan

the grate at vortex has been a source of more than a few diving accidents through the years and has almost gotten that spring shutdown a few times. I know I personally assisted assisted in reviving one diver and providing first response assistance to her partner after she panicked and bolted to the surface from the grate. Fortunately for both of them 5 hours in the chamber in PC and they were released to dive again. I personally wish they would put another gate up before you get into the cavern simply because it is too much of a temptation for newly certified divers to venture into the cavern just to see how far they can go.

I free dove down to that shaft and saw a closed gate in there. I didn't see what the big deal was. Then I went down and sat on the platform next to some new scuba divers. The kids got a kick out of it. How deep is it there anyway? Maybe 45-50 feet?

There were a few drunk rednecks there that day. It didn't make a good impression on my young daughter, so we left.

If I'm not mistaken the gate to the cave is more than 50' deep and you have to enter a cavern to get to it ontop of the depth

Have done the Bahamas twice in the the past 45days.... Rented a boat and did Bimini which was great.

Did Puerto Rico about 30 days ago as well....

Doing San Diego in late August

Back