Hanna checker tips

billyocean

Supporting
Reaction score
I'm no expert bit I see a lot of confusion on hanna checkers on forums. Thought we could have a thread were info is in one spot. This is what I know, feel free to add to it.

Nitrate: use the hanna HR HI782. It only has one regent, not an exact science like the other multiple regent hanna nitrate checkers.

Phosphate: the ULR checker H1774..again, one regent

Phosphorous: some people prefer this checker because you can check Phosphorous and convert the reading on a chart to determine phosphate. I haven't used one but people like it.

Alkalinity: easy to use but the key here is keeping your regent in the fridge..otherwise as it ages numbers will read slightly different as time goes on.

Calcium: apparently is finnacky the way you have to prepare the test..Can't attest to it.

Can't attest to the others, people in the know should comment more with their experiences.

Keep test vials clean and try to pick the same spot facing forward for consistency. I face the "10ml" mark forward each time. Don't know if it helps but it makes me feel more scientific..lol. Eliminate microbubbles in vial before test. Hope this helps those who need it

I’ve heard a lot about the inconsistency of the alk reagent but have never heard to keep it in the fridge.

Back