Hanna Alk reagent PSA

billyocean

Supporting
Reaction score
I thought my new alk reagent was bad because I went from 8.2 to 7.4 (new bottle) overnight. Double checked everything plus doser and was good...so I knew the reagent was wrong or "old" somehow and i just marked it as older. Turns out..i have two different reagents. One is hi772s (correct) and one is hi755s(.8lower). They are both consistent if kept in fridge but the hi755 WILL read about .8 lower than your actual alk. Just putting this out there in case anyone gets the 755 and isn't paying close attention and in turn tries to adjust their alk erroneously. Icp test also confirmed. I emailed hanna for s & g's.

20221225_105511.jpg

Btw..this reagent has been out a while and I got mine from SA. Hanna claims they are interchangeable but they aren't really unless you know it tests lower. Just a heads up in case 755s becomes the new reagent available

That’s good info, didn’t know they had two different reagents. Makes no sense why they’d make two different reagents and would cause confusion and potential issues.
Question: You keep you reagent in the fridge? First I’ve heard of that, that extend it’s shelf life?

That’s good info, didn’t know they had two different reagents. Makes no sense why they’d make two different reagents and would cause confusion and potential issues.
Question: You keep you reagent in the fridge? First I’ve heard of that, that extend it’s shelf life?
It will stay good for at least a couple months. I'm usually out by then so havent kept it longer. It will change if its not in the fridge though. Shake before each use too.

I also keep my Hanna reagent in fridge, it will degrade quicker if not. If you notice a constant change in alk when using Hanna reagent, cross check with something like salifert.

Back