Finally goin diving

grayskwerel

Market
Reaction score
When I lived in NY, I went diving 3-4 days a week, now that Ive been in Atlanta for almost 10 years... I haven't been diving since I've been here. Goin to Panama City in June and finally gone get wet!!:yay: Anyone know what the spearfishing rules are in Florida and what licenses I have to get?

Mass Kreation;626411 wrote: Diving in NY? What kind of things do you see up there?

All kinds of stuff... cars, boats, home appliances, tires, bodies... you know... all kinds of stuff.:lol2: The waters around NY are not bad like they were years ago... Wreck diving and spearfishing is what I did most. Lots of diving around the bridges out in Long Island for spearfishing. I miss those days.

Mass Kreation;626417 wrote: Interesting. Is the visability pretty good up there?

All depends... some days you have zero vis and you can't even see your hand in front of your face. Thats when you cut the dive short. Then some days if your shore diving you can have 40ft of visibility... off shore, diving the wrecks, you can sometimes get around 90ft of viz.

If you want similar diving conditions here in GA, well AL then Pelham quarry is a decent spot. I go there every few months and dive. Cold, decent vis, and decent depth makes for ok staying wet diving.

Sprayin70;626457 wrote: If you want similar diving conditions here in GA, well AL then Pelham quarry is a decent spot. I go there every few months and dive. Cold, decent vis, and decent depth makes for ok staying wet diving.

Thanks, but... I tried the freshwater diving thing and didn't care for it very much. I live across the street from Lake Lanier and only dived there once. That was when I first moved to GA.

im about to do my first dive! me and the gf are going to the bahamas next thursday. we booked a reef dive for friday out of freeport. i cant wait!

mustangcaleb;626464 wrote: im about to do my first dive! Me and the gf are going to the bahamas next thursday. We booked a reef dive for friday out of freeport. I cant wait!

lucky!!!!

didn't realize they had any reefs with living coral around freeport least wise I haven't found any there but my last trip was in 2006

well from my understanding its actually a 30 mins ride from freeport to port lucaya, and then a 20 mins boat ride from port lucaya to the dive spot

with the travel you mention it sounds like you will be getting to the outer eluretha or abaco islands and there you will find some good diving. if you ever get a chance get to bimini and it's outer reefs some good diving there

Back