Chefs Official Red Sea 750 XXL Build Finally!!!

So only small update today, not much movement!!!

Im still dealing with nitrates, so I did another 50 gallon water change last night and added some bio spira. I may just start doing like 30 gallons every other week just to get into a routine. I also vacuumed the sand, brushed the rocks, and cleaned the glass. I have my ats running but it hasn't started growing anything yet, I unplugged the second light. It said only run one light for the first week to seed it, but since nothing has started I went ahead and unplugged the second one. Im working with @tonytran509 to build me a shelf that will fit into my sump and sit on the rail where the ATO goes. I have included a few pics of the idea Im stealing from Harrys Aquatic! The stand I made is too bulky and a bit ugly!

I received some more clean up crew from Live Aquaria today, and got them settled in. My long nose hawkfish may have to take a timeout in the sump, at least until they get to hide! Im just keeping an eye on him as of right now. But hopefully this will continue to help with the algae problem. I'm hoping to at least get a bus reactor up and running this weekend with goo and carbon. I will also add my avast mr5 reactor with some matrix for more biological filtration. I am trying to stay away from any chemicals and be patient and let nature run its course. I have also turned out the lights.

The frag rack that I got from Tony for my eventual frag tank is beautiful, it is really going to look good once up and running. As of right now I am running an aqua maxi co3 skimmer when is a beast. Does anyone have any suggestions for a smaller skimmer that is still a good one. I have been sort of keeping an eye on a reef octopus 200 sss, only window shopping right now! I still want to get my calcium reactor first. Ive also included a couple of shots of what my parapets looked like before and after the water change.
. 20200305_113657.jpg20200305_113956.jpg20200304_225153.jpg20200215_191243.jpgScreenshot_20200305-130921_Messages.jpg20200302_143317.jpgScreenshot_20200304-225325_Apex Fusion.jpgScreenshot_20200305-125135_Apex Fusion.jpgScreenshot_20200303-195817_Instagram.jpg

So im starting to get a bit impatient overall! I think im going to go ahead and round out my stocking list, so I can add my tangs! Here is what I have so far and what I would like to add. I love diamond gobbies but will probably stay away since I love trachys more! Let me know your thoughts and ideas. Thanks

Have
Long nose hawk fish
Pair of black and white clown fish
Blue throat thrigger
6 line wrasse
Melenurus wrasse
Cleaner shrimp

Want
Single spot fox face
Sailfin tang
Kole yellow eye tang
Powder blue tang
2 -Blotched anthias??? Bit pricey!

So I'm finally getting my nitrates down, which is a great sign. Ive been leaving the lights off for the last few days dealing with the rest of the hair algae. The clean up crew is a hell of a unit to watch work at night, they know how to get err done!!! I'm also running my ats at night, still with one light to seed which it has started a bit at the bottom now. So maybe by the end of the week I'll turn the other light back on. @tonytran509 came through for me again, by making a nice shelf for my ats to sit on inside of the sump. I also got to see his set up, it is very impressive and well thought out. Between the fresh water breeding and the saltwater trio and his large tank that's a full time job in its self!

My nitrates are now at about 10ppm, I have a dual brs reactor and pump I have to order some more carbon and gfo along with a few other small items including coral dip that I've been neglecting getting. I still have some gha which may actually be brown hair algae but its getting a lot better. Its finally about time for me to get a few softies and maybe a couple test sticks in there and quit procrastinating. I also picked up about 400 gallons of salt, that should last me a while. I plan to continue to do about 30 gallon water changes bi weekly on Mondays. My parameters are all looking pretty good, I just have to bring up my alkalinity level.

If anyone would like to adopt a grown kid that would like to upgrade his skimmer this summer please let me know!!! I don't cut grass but I can cook!!!:) I love the skimmer, but I plan to either upgrade to a 200 sss Reef Octopus or a 200 Deluxe Bubble King Skimmer. My wife knows, but won't know the real price this time! I just need more space in my sump, so if you look up close you can see how big it is. It's either a new sump or a new skimmer.

On a side note thank you everyone for following, it really made me feel good when someone told me they look forward to seeing my progress and updates. Its really rewarding, because a true build thread can be a lot of work!

Alk - 6.59
Ca - 466
Salt - 1.025
Ph - 7.89 - which I have a couple of windows open now! :cool:
Temp - 77.3

I plan to order the following items this week.
Carbon
gfo
Hannah - Phosphate tester - HI713
Revive Coral Dip
Bone Cutters

20200308_211652.jpg20200308_211702.jpg20200308_212211.jpg20200308_212342.jpg20200308_214254.jpg20200308_214325.jpg20200308_214336.jpg20200308_214331.jpgScreenshot_20200308-000733_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Man im happy that thing fit in there lol had my finger crossed while waiting for your text lol
Trust me I was a little nervous as well! Because I tried to measure tight, because you don't have much room for error. But it looks great, plus I had two filter cups in my attic so I just have to get one more! Amazing what you find when you look!!!

SUUUUUUUREEEE Tony gets a thank you, but NOOOOOOO, not Scott for the amazing deal on the salt, or said bubble king when you finally get a real skimmer... I see how it is Chef! Next time you better bring some cookies when you come over or no more poweraid for you!

SUUUUUUUREEEE Tony gets a thank you, but NOOOOOOO, not Scott for the amazing deal on the salt, or said bubble king when you finally get a real skimmer... I see how it is Chef! Next time you better bring some cookies when you come over or no more poweraid for you!
Im sorry cupcake, I didn't want anyone to start thinking we we're secret lovers!!! ;) it's always thank you my friend, I think most people on here know that already! But I may be be able to bring some cookies next time, if I don't eat them all on the road trip to Orlando! Lmao!!! On a side note, I've already started preparing her for the skimmer. I said see now not only your purses would come in a pretty little bag!!!:cool:

Im sorry cupcake, I didn't want anyone to start thinking we we're secret lovers!!! ;) it's always thank you my friend, I think most people on here know that already! But I may be be able to bring some cookies next time, if I don't eat them all on the road trip to Orlando! Lmao!!! On a side note, I've already started preparing her for the skimmer. I said see now not only your purses would come in a pretty little bag!!!:cool:

Oh, you better have some snacks when you pick me up at the airport!!! Why keep it a secret any longer Chef hahaha. Now we need to get some corals in the tank, and you forgot to take the torch I had for you too. Come back this weekend and pick it up, we need to get some corals in this $10,000 tank of water and a couple goldfish lol.

p.s. bring me the old stand you had for your scrubber, I will use that since you and your new boy toy Tony, built you the new pretty acrylic stand.

Oh, you better have some snacks when you pick me up at the airport!!! Why keep it a secret any longer Chef hahaha. Now we need to get some corals in the tank, and you forgot to take the torch I had for you too. Come back this weekend and pick it up, we need to get some corals in this $10,000 tank of water and a couple goldfish lol.

p.s. bring me the old stand you had for your scrubber, I will use that since you and your new boy toy Tony, built you the new pretty acrylic stand.

HAHAH IS THAT JEALOUSY I SMELL..... DONT BE THERE IS ENOUGH TO SHARE

It'll probably be next weekend, I have to work this weekend! Plus the two part should be here this weekend to get my alkalinity up. I also lined up getting a master yoda, asd rainbow milli, and a forest fire digi. I agree it is a very expensive fish tank at the moment!
I'll bring the stand, it should actually be smoot the right height, but the acrylic one does look sweet under there!

It'll probably be next weekend, I have to work this weekend! Plus the two part should be here this weekend to get my alkalinity up. I also lined up getting a master yoda, asd rainbow milli, and a forest fire digi. I agree it is a very expensive fish tank at the moment!
I'll bring the stand, it should actually be smoot the right height, but the acrylic one does look sweet under there!

I will have to see if I can get Tony to make me one, but I will have to tear him away from making things for you, I can't junk up this awesome sump, but I don't have any other options on where to put this thing.

I will have to see if I can get Tony to make me one, but I will have to tear him away from making things for you, I can't junk up this awesome sump, but I don't have any other options on where to put this thing.

can always but across the top similar like chef but if you dont have that innerlip we can just sit it on top of the edges and then i can secure it on each end with another piece of acrylic so it doesnt slip off.... think of it like an upside down U

Today I finally started redoing all of my wiring and making a false front in my cabinet. I also tested my nitrates which are looking a lot better, it's at between 5 and 10ppm. I did lose an emerald crab today, I'm not sure why. I probably had everything off for about an hour but everything else was fine. I have 50 gallons of water heating now for a water change tomorrow. I also plan to finish my wiring tomorrow and I also have another eb832 on the way, along with some cord extensions, flat plugs, and an extension cable for my mp40. I also ran all the cords for my lights to one side.

20200316_222529.jpg20200316_222516.jpg20200316_222505.jpg20200316_222459.jpg20200316_222420.jpg20200316_212744.jpg20200316_154816.jpg20200316_154801.jpg

Today I stopped by Pure Reef and picked up a few additions and a couple of items. They have a beautiful store, in a way I wish it wasn't so far from me but its probably a good thing. Of course with everything going on they had no business. I hate that I didn't get the gentleness name which I usually do, he was very helpful. I picked a single spot fox face, a lawn mower blend, and a sea hare. I also finally broke down and got a hannah phosphate checker. I picked up my new eb832 from my good old buddy @scottw, which I hope to finish connecting tomorrow. I'm also including a few pics of the algae to sort of track the progress.

20200318_192251.jpg20200318_192258.jpg20200318_194439.jpg20200318_194447.jpg20200318_194453.jpg20200318_194456.jpg20200318_191615.jpg20200318_194510.jpg

Looking good bro! PR always have healthy fish!! Never had any issues!! Great to see you at an acceptable 6’ distance today haha.

I pretty much finished running the wires, ups is scheduled to deliver my grommets, av fan, flat plugs, and extension flat plug for my ats today by 8 pm. Hopefully I'll finish it up today but maybe tomorrow. I have to cook dinner plus the boss wants some kitchen cabinets mounted over the washer and dryer. Big shot out @Cook those legs and pocket screws worked out perfectly. Thanks Im still waiting for my extension cable for my mp40 then I will get my second one posted. I left space for a total of 4 if needed in the future. I did make one minor mistake, I mounted my return pump controller to high so its in the way of the fmm. Thats an easy fix though. I had thought about moving my rodi system into one of the cabinets, but I will probably just rerun my supply and waste line into the laundry room. Thanks for following, I know this has been a long and slow process but we're getting there!!!

Thats the life!!!

20200319_131544.jpg20200319_124721.jpg20200319_124707.jpg20200319_124726.jpg20200319_131501.jpg20200319_114213.jpg

I finished running most of the wires, I still have to drill a hole in the back of my sump area to run the ats wires out the back. I have a 8 foot extension with a flat end so I can plug it into my apex. I will program the apex to have it cut on and off at night so I don't have to worry about it. I also used little eyelet hooks to suspend my power bricks since velcro wouldn't hold. The cooling fan is also now installed, it has a controller of its own. I have it programmed to cut on at 75˚, I may change it to something like 85˚ we will see how it does. I went with the AC fans from Amazon, its whisper quiet even on high. I mounted the break out box on the left corner with velcro, I only have 1 button programmed as of now. The sea hare has been very busy by the way, I'm glad you all posted about it. Time to take break for dinner, then I will probably scrape the rocks, glass, and vacuum the sand. I still need to mix my salt water, the ro water is ready to go. Please let me know what you guys think thus far!

20200319_170937.jpg20200319_171015.jpg20200319_170954.jpg20200319_172408.jpg20200319_131544.jpg

Back