Cardinal breeding

Congratulations. That’s awesome to see. Kudos to you that they feel comfortable enough in your aquarium to act like they would in the wild. I’m sure it’s a lot of work but you seem to be doing great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations. That’s awesome to see. Kudos to you that they feel comfortable enough in your aquarium to act like they would in the wild. I’m sure it’s a lot of work but you seem to be doing great.

Thank you! Didn’t plan on breeding just yet but when we saw he was carrying eggs we said why not try. So we did our research asked questions and here we are now!

Day 8: and then there were 48 😢. Loosing fry happens but still sucks when it does. Lost 2 out of the blue yesterday, 1 I kind of figured we would then other may have been Fry 1 but 🤷🏻‍♀️ Everyone seemed to be eating live baby brine this morning so we will keep chugging along.
E94E743D-3E1F-47C0-8C5E-9B6CCD3C96A2.jpeg

Day 9: The swarm of 48 is still chugging along. Had one that was sticking to one side of the fry tank and wasn’t eating so with some help of a neon colored straw he found food and pigged out. Noticed after their second feeding they all had very large bellies so I decided to not feed in the evening. Only fed once this morning depending on their stomach size this evening will determine if I feed them again. I don’t want to risk any swim bladder issues from over feeding.

Day 13: All 48ish seem to be doing great. The original 7 are over a week old now and the other 40ish are a week old tonight. One scoop of live baby brine is no longer enough but to ensure no swim bladder issues I’ll feed 1 scoop twice a day. A second brine shrimp hatcher will definitely be picked up today.
3011C4EC-E994-4E35-89F1-303CA9DF2381.jpeg

Day 17: Nothing new, still eating live baby brine. We did try frozen yesterday some ate a little but not successful so we will continue with the live for now. I take photos and then use the mark up tools to put dogs on everyone. Sometime I get 46 others I get 52 so who knows how many we actually have.
C74CCB9E-BDC6-492C-B3EA-A33857172BC2.jpeg

Day 21: still continuing to grow, getting time to start separating the bigger ones into another area of their tank and to allow the smaller ones to have easier access to food.
F377BC2A-45F7-4C7E-BDC0-B295C8A91D07.jpeg

You are going a great job, they are getting bigger.

Back