Budget WaterBox Infinia 230.6

ecoreefguy

Supporting
Reaction score
Well, the tank came lol. I probably won’t be filling the tank anytime soon. Still in the planning process and will tank my time to do cable management. I still don’t know if I’m missing anything. I bought everything I could think of, with the exception of lights and UV (having fully decided). I don’t plan on a frag tank, but have plans for 3 40 breeders on racks as QT. Probably turn one into a frag tank eventually if need arises.

Lights : TBD
Return : Vectra M2 ( don’t think I need a L2, but will see)
Flow: 4 MP40 and 2 MP60. 40s I’m back wall and 60s on ends.
Monitors: Apex x 2 and Focustonic. Using two apex system as redundancy. One will monitor main tank and one will monitor sump ( were a plan on keeping frags) this is the return dies when im away. Treat each part as a seperate system.
Dosing: 2 Versa and Dosatronic. Versa for continuous feed kalk and aminos, Dosatronic for 2 part and essentials.
Calcium Reactor: Deltec 1500 with carbon doser
Kalk Reactor : GEO with Versa
Algae Reactor : Pax Bellum N24 ( should I do individual pump or manifold). I won’t to keep room in sump for frags as to not clutter display.
Heater: 2 x 300 watt controlled with Ranco. Will program Apex only as an emergency shut off in case it gets to hot 83+
Skimmer : Reef Octopus Elite 200S with 6inch Reef octopus locker and neck cleaner. I should have gone with the 200 INT. I have plenty of space and would have been easier to clean pump.
Fleece Roller : TBD. Never used one and would love recommendations.

Please recommend anything that is helpful during your builds that I might have overlooked. I will take pictures through out build, and try to post them. Knowing me I will mess up and need help somewhere from now till
It sees water.

Attachments

• IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0886.png
    IMG_0886.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
Glad you chose wisely between the waterbox or the exploding tank. Lol.

Going to be a great build.
Lol thanks. It’ll be a long build probably. Time will be a problem for me. At least I’ll have some time to see who I can weasel into helping me lift the tank into the house

I think with a tank this size. I will have to make a mixing station. The only place I can really put it is my storage shed. The garage is a no go according to my boss.
I am thinking of going with tamco tanks. Maybe 50-100 gallons tanks. Would like to be at least 50. Need at least 20% of an planned 250ish gallon system. With that amount of water, I don’t think a water change would affect temps too much regardless of summer or winters in Georgia.
I am not sure which side to put the rodi unit yet. One side gives me the option of taping into the water heater line OR faucet on patio. Other side gives me easy access for a drain for waste water.

Any concerns of storing water in a tool shed anyone can think of ?

Attachments

• IMG_0918.jpeg
    IMG_0918.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0919.jpeg
    IMG_0919.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 33
I have my water storage in my garage and it def impacts the temp of the tank during a water change. I do only 10-15% at a time. The winter it drops it a few degrees but it corrects itself within a few hours with the heater. The biggest issue is the summer for me, it takes it up a degree or two and I have no way of getting the temp back down since I don't run a chiller. So, I try to do my water changes early in the morning where the water is at its coolest to have the least amount of temp impact.

Hard for me to picture where it would go, but as long as you have access to where the waste water goes, not sure it matters.

I have my water storage in my garage and it def impacts the temp of the tank during a water change. I do only 10-15% at a time. The winter it drops it a few degrees but it corrects itself within a few hours with the heater. The biggest issue is the summer for me, it takes it up a degree or two and I have no way of getting the temp back down since I don't run a chiller. So, I try to do my water changes early in the morning where the water is at its coolest to have the least amount of temp impact.

Hard for me to picture where it would go, but as long as you have access to where the waste water goes, not sure it matters.
I’m actually more concerned with the heat as well. I don’t think I want a chiller at all. But I have plenty of heaters. I guess I should do smaller water changes more frequently rather than larger ones. I think I really want to just mark the tank and use pumps and hoses . At this size l, I don’t think buckets will be efficient on my back.

I finally have a little time. Time to work on my moving station! Going with Tamco 100 galllon bins. Crowd valves. 200 for like 6… but I’m not using Home Depot ones anymore. My stand should be here soon. I’m cheating out and going with a jaebo 4000. I have a varios as a back up return pump I could swap out if I end up not liking this one. This build isn’t going anywhere fast lol. Rock still curing… I have even assemble stand for tank yet.IMG_1145.jpeg

Soooo… I think waterbox might have made a mistake… in the most of replacing a broken tank and sellling MY TANK, than shipping me wrong color stand , they said they were going to pick up the other set up and when they dropped off my new set up. The driver said he wasn’t told to pick up anything and so he didn’t… I have 2 230 water box infinia now…IMG_1162.jpeg

2 tanks? Nice. I would confirm with them just to be sure you can keep the old tank tho, that would be pretty sweet.
I sent them an email. Stating I received new tank and what to do with the other cabinets. My new invoice showed 0.00 balance. It would be nice if it’s an oversight benefiting me. Could set up another one or just sell. Probably wait 30-60 days to see their response and CC activities. I’m finishing paint on the fish room.

I didn’t budget sand in the build… I’m already so over budget lol

I sent them an email. Stating I received new tank and what to do with the other cabinets. My new invoice showed 0.00 balance. It would be nice if it’s an oversight benefiting me. Could set up another one or just sell. Probably wait 30-60 days to see their response and CC activities. I’m finishing paint on the fish room.

I didn’t budget sand in the build… I’m already so over budget lol
Lol. Thats how it goes man.

100lbs of shelf rock, 50lbs of Marco, and 50 lbs of base ( the cut bottom ones) ordered. I hope I have enough to make a decent aquascspe.

Painters finishing up the room. Stand will hopefully be built. I actually haven’t decide which wall to place tank on yet. Getting 1 step closer

Wallpaper down and walls patches. Paint goes up tomorrows question put the tank on wall straight ahead or on the right? From of house is left
IMG_1225.jpeg

No one really wanted to put the thing together so I gave in and just did it and just going to have glasses moved in.

Leveling legs were a bit annoying.
IMG_1300.jpeg

IMG_1301.jpeg
Option A . This gives best layout for furniture but makes tanks seem like an after thought.

IMG_1302.jpeg

Option B. This give most focus to the tank but sizing for furniture will be annoying

Last edited:
View attachment 83674 No really wanted to put the thing together so I gave in and just did it and just going to have glasses moved in.

Leveling legs were a bit annoying.
View attachment 83673

Option A . This gives best layout for furniture but makes tanks seem like an after thought.

View attachment 83675

Option B. This give most focus to the tank but sizing for furniture will be annoying
Sounds like you need a wife to make some important HGTV discissions for you!

Back