Battle Corals 2023 Grow out Contest

Cook

President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to reconnect with my frag tank this year as I have pretty much let it do it's own thing, just keeping the big three parameters between the ditches when I get around to checking in on it. I've decided to see how it goes with participating in a Battle Corals grow out contest hosted over on Reef2Reef. Now I'm no @dball711 when it comes to acros, but I do have some good size SPS colonies growing out at this point, so I think I have a good shot at having a nice looking coral by the end of the year.

The Rainbow's Army coral looks amazing and I think participating in a year long contest with photo entries required once a month could help get me back into doing a better job with maintenance.

@1mbrews8 got in before I did, so maybe we can use this thread for ARC members that participate in the contest to update anyone that might be interested in how things are going without heading over to the R2R forum.

Fo sho! I still have a big order to get from them so waiting to see if I can combine shipping, etc..

Welcome aboard @dball711! Of course that probably means we all just lost before the contest even starts..... ;). This should be fun.

Here is mine I received today

also did a water change before, so why a little bit cloudy

sal = 1.024 (reads a bit low pretty sure… the water they arrived in was the same reading so I should be good to go)
Alk = 8.11 trident
Cal = 450 salifert
Nitrates = 100 at least (freaking bane of my existence lol)
Mag = 1349 trident
Temp = 77.3 apex

1675954990481.png

Nice! My frags don’t arrive until next week.

Welcome aboard @dball711! Of course that probably means we all just lost before the contest even starts..... ;). This should be fun.
Na, Dave's may look the best out of all the rest of us. But it'll be tough for him not to frag it for a whole year.
Either that or it'll be one long stalk with no branches 🤣

It looks like Adam threw in an extra frag for me! I did the $250 with 4 more frags and I gave him a list with 6 of the ones I was interested in and Nat said there were 6 frags in the box including the Rainbows Army. I hope she's right!
She's floating the bags now.

I am glad I saw this late and the contest is closed. But looking forward to seeing the growth you guys get with the frags.

I am glad I saw this late and the contest is closed. But looking forward to seeing the growth you guys get with the frags.
there are actually 2 diff ones that will run about at same time frame.. not sure if other one was filled/started or not...

Back