Backyard frag swaps

Fishy_Mcfish

Market
Reaction score
Do people still do these? I remember years ago when I lived in California there were always frag swaps and or frag swap/bbq’s at people’s houses.

We have recently discussed the possibility of a true frag swap, where corals are exchanged instead of purchased, but that is as far as it has gone so far. We host 3-4 frag swaps a year with members and vendors if you haven't been to one yet. The next one will be June 8th.

The frag for frag swap is a cool idea for those that have frags to swap. I imagine not everyone would have frags to swap and would like the opportunity to purchase as well. I remember people bringing small tanks and setting them up and having there corals on display. Of course this meant having to have access to electrical outlets and each person would bring their own water with them.
I have not been to any of the swaps out here. I’m just getting back into the hobby again after being out for a few years. I will have to keep an eye out for them!

We have recently discussed the possibility of a true frag swap, where corals are exchanged instead of purchased, but that is as far as it has gone so far. We host 3-4 frag swaps a year with members and vendors if you haven't been to one yet. The next one will be June 8th.
Hello where is the one June 8th?

Back