Apex on the fritz after brownout

picoreefguy

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to see if anyone had any insights that may help. I had a brownout at my house Saturday night and for some reason my apex classic went offline. If tried power cycling a couple times and unplugged and replugged the Ethernet cord to no avail. I’ve also tried connecting it to my fusion app but it won’t find the apex on my network even though it’s physically attached. I don’t think the router is the problem because I have WiFi on my phone and a hardwired connection to my desktop which both function correctly. It seems as though the outlets or the brain have lost their programming. Many things are off and when I try to control things manually via the display nothing happens. The display shows that whatever I’ve turned on or off is on or off but the physical item shows no response. My wxm is still connected to my radions and vortech but programming there seems to be off as well. The lights are in “alarm mode” as I call it where they’re red to alert me to malfunctions but the color is not actually red it’s more pinkish purple so I’m guessing something went wonky there as well. I’m not sure what else is wrong as I haven’t had a chance to dive deep into it yet but I’m hopeing someone knows what’s going on here before I have to call Neptune for support.

Hey guys just wanted to see if anyone had any insights that may help. I had a brownout at my house Saturday night and for some reason my apex classic went offline. If tried power cycling a couple times and unplugged and replugged the Ethernet cord to no avail. I’ve also tried connecting it to my fusion app but it won’t find the apex on my network even though it’s physically attached. I don’t think the router is the problem because I have WiFi on my phone and a hardwired connection to my desktop which both function correctly. It seems as though the outlets or the brain have lost their programming. Many things are off and when I try to control things manually via the display nothing happens. The display shows that whatever I’ve turned on or off is on or off but the physical item shows no response. My wxm is still connected to my radions and vortech but programming there seems to be off as well. The lights are in “alarm mode” as I call it where they’re red to alert me to malfunctions but the color is not actually red it’s more pinkish purple so I’m guessing something went wonky there as well. I’m not sure what else is wrong as I haven’t had a chance to dive deep into it yet but I’m hopeing someone knows what’s going on here before I have to call Neptune for support.
Hey Brijesh, I hope other than this you've been doing well.
Sounds like the brain is fried. It seems to be pretty common with the Classic unit and brown outs and power surges.

Sorry I don't have better info for you.

Thanks Adam. Yes I’ve been doing fairly well beyond this. Hope you have as well with you. And man that sucks I hope it’s not but wouldn’t be surprised if it were fried. I guess I’ll reach out to Neptune and see if they have any options for me.

Brijesh! Good to hear from you man and know that you are still around. I'm sorry to hear that your apex crapped out on you. Your best bet is placing a call to the folks at Neptune. Hope they will do something to help get you back up and running. Tell Hal and Holly I sent a big ole "Hello" to them!

Hey Doug good hearing from you as well, yea I’m still around just haven’t been active in a while lol. And yea I’ll be contacting them this afternoon when I get off work, hopefully they’ll be able to help me in one way or another. And will do, I go see them once a month or so, so I’ll let them know you said hi!

Back