A Solution for Hair Algae

I see that everyone is saying that the trochus snails are a must have. Anyone know who has them? Or if anyone has any extra they are willing to part with.

I see that everyone is saying that the trochus snails are a must have. Anyone know who has them? Or if anyone has any extra they are willing to part with.
I had 5. All killed by crabs for the shell. I have a few trochus crabs now. They have some cool shells tho:)

Most hermits seem to prefer cerith snail shells most, followed by whelk, conch, nerite, and Turbo shells. If you have any of these, I’m confident they won’t care about your Trochus snails shells.

Atlanta Aquarium had some the other day, I agree, these are probably the best snails. I have a few fish which like to mess with snails and aren't 100% reef safe but their shell hangs way low on their bodies so they are able to stealthily move about.

Atlanta Aquarium had some the other day, I agree, these are probably the best snails. I have a few fish which like to mess with snails and aren't 100% reef safe but their shell hangs way low on their bodies so they are able to stealthily move about.
I was going to go by their store this weekend.

I’m setting up a new tank, so I need most of my Trochus snails... but I’m sure they will reproduce enough to accommodate the new tank so I can afford to part with a few.

If the LFS is all out; I’ll put some of mine on the market. I think the usual market price is about $3 each, so I’ll do 4 snails for $10 if the LFS is out. It’s not a steal... but maybe it’ll help someone in need.

I’m setting up a new tank, so I need most of my Trochus snails... but I’m sure they will reproduce enough to accommodate the new tank so I can afford to part with a few.

If the LFS is all out; I’ll put some of mine on the market. I think the usual market price is about $3 each, so I’ll do 4 snails for $10 if the LFS is out. It’s not a steal... but maybe it’ll help someone in need.
I'll take them.

Back