Rainblood

Supporting
Reaction score
This year was a total skunk for me. I made about what I made about 15 years ago. How’s everyone else doing?

I went to a LFS last weekend and was stunned to see that their retail pricing on coral was the same or lower than our peer to peer sales on the forum.

2023 has been about average for me, maybe a little worse than normal. I have definitely noticed a lot of users (not naming names) running WWC level prices on the forum and totally getting away with it, which really grinds my gears. Unfortunately, the people in the hobby these days will spend the the first price they see without even stopping to think that it's 3x higher than what is acceptable.
Hoping 2024 brings a little more sense, I hate to see new reefers bend over and take it from vendor OR fellow reefers. It just ain't right.

All joking aside, 2023 financially, I can’t complain.

As for prices, let the market decide. Sellers will adjust their prices accordingly. Not sure why sellers pricing would bother anyone. Don’t like it? Try offering what you can afford or think its worth in a PM. Else, if it sells at list price, I guess it was worth that price to someone.

Personally, I would rather buy locally, even at the same price, cause you don’t have to worry about it surviving shipping.

1. I know where you live smart guy
2. OK I see where my post may have been confusing...I meant that the LFS has lowered their coral pricing to match local hobbyists...not that the hobbyists were charging LFS prices - meaning that LFSs are feeling the impact of the economy

1. I know where you live smart guy
2. OK I see where my post may have been confusing...I meant that the LFS has lowered their coral pricing to match local hobbyists...not that the hobbyists were charging LFS prices - meaning that LFSs are feeling the impact of the economy
Lol. Yeah, I seen the same with LFS pricing, its getting more aggressive. I hate going to them, not sure why I always feel the need to walk out with something. 😂

That's interesting, I hadn't noticed LFS prices dropping at all. Though I haven't been to many this year so maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture haha.
I'm not in a position to complain since I'm already fully stocked... Anyone can choose to buy from whoever they want, prices range all over the board.
Perhaps I exaggerated, none of it really bothers me but it is interesting to see how the market is adapting to economical pressures.

it's weird... my one martial arts school is up like 12% vs last year, but another is down like 20% (no real changes in staff, etc)?

but we are also starting a parkour business, used up a massive amount of time with building the koi pond, I concentrated on DOING martial arts instead of teaching as much, took naps, etc so there were pluses lol!

This years had its ups and downs. Works been good, got a promotion/raise. Had our second child, which has been great but difficult. Health isn’t great but life goes on. Here’s to a new year

I’m just doing my thing. Life changes and it’s pointless to complain about the negatives. Try my hardest to make the best of things has worked out this far. Considering all that is bad with the world, I think our lives are amazing. To a even better 2024

Back