School reef tank

wake125122

Market
Reaction score
Good afternoon, everyone! It's been a while since I was last here, but I'm excited to share a new project I'm about to embark on. As the engineer and technology teacher at North Hall Middle School, we've introduced a new initiative called "0 period" where teachers can explore their interests beyond the regular curriculum. I chose reefing, and I'm thrilled that 20-30 students have signed up.

Now, I'm reaching out to see if anyone would be interested in donating anything to support our project. While I have some items in storage from my past, any contributions would be greatly appreciated, even if it's something you no longer need. I'll be starting from scratch, documenting our progress with pictures along the way. My goal is to create a tank featuring soft corals like zoas, and we'll begin this exciting endeavor in January next year.

Short answer here would be yes. The ARC has a history of supporting school aquarium projects.

I would suggest you compose and post a list of needs by item(s). That will make it more tangible and even if someone doesn’t have something they may just donate it? I would begin with what aquarium you have, or would like to have? Then build a list around that.

Thank you for deciding to take this on as a project!

I don't have a tank yet. Monday I'll take a pic of an area i plan to keep it in. I'm going to try to go through my old stuff today and see what I have. I'll definitely make a list like ichthyoid said! I was honestly surprised at how many kids signed up. I wasn't actually expecting it to form.

That's awesome what a great opportunity to introduce new prople to the hobby and let them learn about the marine reef. I wish you posted this yesterday, because I just gave away tons of stuff. I have some redsea reef 90s and a skimmer I'd happily donate. I have a tank you can have too, but it's a big one.

That's awesome what a great opportunity to introduce new prople to the hobby and let them learn about the marine reef. I wish you posted this yesterday, because I just gave away tons of stuff. I have some redsea reef 90s and a skimmer I'd happily donate. I have a tank you can have too, but it's a big one.
That would be amazing! The kids will be thrilled! I'll send you a message later on and we can work out a time for me to pick it up!

As you put things together, let us know what you need. ARC still has some equipment that you can have if needed. Just keep us posted.

I also have some odd ends of things I could donate, as well as a frag or 2 once you’re up and running.

I'd be happy to donate some corals as well. Have lots of beginner stuff like digis, birdsnest, Xenia, GSP, mushrooms, candy cane, zoas/palys

That is a great spot for a tank. What size are you thinking about? I can connect you with another teacher that we donated items to and see what they ended up not using. I think we can also ask some vendors to see if they would be able to donate.

So I am still looking for a tank if anyone has one they would be willing to donate! I had one possibility but it ended up being too big.

Back