Your Display Tank - Powerheads

elfloyd

Supporting
Reaction score
I noticed on your display tank (on the right leaving the store) that all your power heads are at one end. If I remember correctly you have 4 MP40s and 2 Jebas... all on one end.

This seems to be working well for you... all the corals in that tank are amazing.

I'm wondering if I should reconfigure moving my two MP40s to one end of my 180 and perhaps adding a third.

Can you tell me why you decided to put the power heads at one end (pro/con) and what size tank that is (500g/)?

Thanks.
Larry

I believe the mp's are 60 ... aside from that the tank is a peninsula tank which limits placement for starters. He's also running a closed loop with several outlets strategically laid out along the bottom. If I remember correctly a few sea swirls were adding recently along the top front of the tank to increase flow to the sps up there.

Tank has a ton of flow that's for sure.

Dawgface;1093491 wrote: I believe the mp's are 60 ... aside from that the tank is a peninsula tank which limits placement for starters. He's also running a closed loop with several outlets strategically laid out along the bottom. If I remember correctly a few sea swirls were adding recently along the top front of the tank to increase flow to the sps up there.

Tank has a ton of flow that's for sure.

+1 I think the main reason they don't have power heads on the opposite end is because the tank is a peninsula style and that is one of the main view points. Closed loops is usually the go to solution for large peninsula systems.

Back