VorTech MP40mQD?

I guess that is the difference. I ordered my first pair yesterday. I be am currently using the CURRENT Dual eFlux Aquarium Wave Pumps, 2,100gph. They worked good in the 120. But one of the pumps went out in less than a year. They replaced it.
Hopefully the MP40’s will last a lot longer.

I guess that is the difference. I ordered my first pair yesterday. I be am currently using the CURRENT Dual eFlux Aquarium Wave Pumps, 2,100gph. They worked good in the 120. But one of the pumps went out in less than a year. They replaced it.
Hopefully the MP40’s will last a lot longer.
I believe you will be pleased. There is a reason why they have such a high resale value.

I'm using an MP10 and a Nero 3 right now. There are some benefits to the ecotech pumps but they come with some serious draw backs. I love the pump but the wet side has to be replaced a lot. In two years I've already gone through two wetsides and I'm on my third. They're about sixty bucks a piece for an MP10 wet side so that's where I start to wonder if they're worth the money when a cheaper pump will last longer. The ceramic shaft in the center just doesn't hold up very long. Aside from that, the programability you get from them and the fact that it keeps the wire out of the tank is awesome. I like that you can replace the parts when they go bad though instead of having to buy a whole new pump.

If it were me, I'd go with the Nero 5. The ceramic shaft in those are beefy and they push a TON of water. the My AI app is practically identical to Mobious (same company) and even though they don't have all the settings that you'd get from an MP40, I think it's a better bang for the buck. It'll last longer for the money spent.

I'm using an MP10 and a Nero 3 right now. There are some benefits to the ecotech pumps but they come with some serious draw backs. I love the pump but the wet side has to be replaced a lot. In two years I've already gone through two wetsides and I'm on my third. They're about sixty bucks a piece for an MP10 wet side so that's where I start to wonder if they're worth the money when a cheaper pump will last longer. The ceramic shaft in the center just doesn't hold up very long. Aside from that, the programability you get from them and the fact that it keeps the wire out of the tank is awesome. I like that you can replace the parts when they go bad though instead of having to buy a whole new pump.

If it were me, I'd go with the Nero 5. The ceramic shaft in those are beefy and they push a TON of water. the My AI app is practically identical to Mobious (same company) and even though they don't have all the settings that you'd get from an MP40, I think it's a better bang for the buck. It'll last longer for the money spent.
Two wet sides in 2 years? What are you doing?

i have 3 nero 5’s in my 65. Great lil pumps indeed. Mp40s are still easier to clean, which is really important for me.

I love my MP40QD, they work great and are very reliable. Nice to have the chords outside of the tank too. I have seen issues with replacing the wet sides as well, but for a different reason. On my wet sides the issue I have is that the magnet swells, and you start to hear a whine. But more seriously is the rust from the magnet in the tank. I still think they are worth it though, just keep an eye on your magnets so when they swell and the protective casing cracks you can remove it promptly.

Back