Very late start 20g mixed reef build thread

Depressed_Reefer

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey y'all first post here. I've been lurking on this forum for a good year now and then I wanted to make a post to sell some frags then oops I realized there was an activity requirement for posting listings 😓 So I guess I am finally starting the build thread I told myself I would 6 months ago, 1 year into my tank's life 😂
So uh here's a quick FTS. Mixed reef 20g red aea max nano20220212_192804.jpg
Apologies a couple corals are pissed off because I moved the nem detention box and accidentally dropped it lol

Some recent developments i guess--

I switched my reefbrites over to a smart led strip from a timer outlet to work on my cable management, and also to set up a place to plug in a BRS 1.1mL doser for alkalinity dosing as my kalk in the ATO has been keeping up with calcium but slacking on alk. I ordered the doser used from eBay, and I tested it today. Turns out it's actually a 50 mL doser because it is DEFINITELY putting out way more than 1.1 mL in a minute. (I dose about 7 mL of Randy's recipe by hand daily currently to replenish about .5 dkh/day). So I wanted to see if I could trade it for an actual 1.1 mL doser, but then i realized i also couldn't post there lol. Anyways i guess i'll have to start being active with posts now. Hope y'all dig my tank

Current fish stocking
2 x black snowflake occs
1 yellow banded possum wrasse
1 bicolor blenny (who is definitely nipping my SPS and I am considering rehoming)

20220213_162109.jpg
Figured I'd slap in a pic I took today. My clowns prefer to chill in the Euphyllia during the day, and will only sleep in the BTA

It sounds great until your tank looks like mine. At last count I had 35 anemones. 3 of them are at least 12" when full open
View attachment 54147View attachment 54148
Oh wow yeah definitely something to keep an eye on. Both of them used to be in the rock up top, but I wrestled one out and put it in a basket because they were getting a bit too close to my SPS. Planning to sell that one off.

Back