Things I like

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
We visited Premier Aquatics for the first time yesterday. Very nice store and very nice staff. Attached are pics of some of the corals we found most appealing (other than the acros of course!). The lighting is low and the tags are tiny so I couldn't see what they're called.
We spent 2.5 times the amount I won on the gift card at the frag swap lol. Got 2 Red Sea test kits....so much nicer than the API kit I have been using. Also got some salt for the water going into our DT and a plastic plant for the clowns in the fish QT. They have 40 gallons to swim around in and probably utilize about 4 gallons of the tank...maybe. Also picked up 1 snail and 1 tiny red leg hermit crab for our coral qt. As much as we would have loved to grab a bunch more corals we know we have plenty to get us started for now.

Attachments

• 20200229_112028.jpg
    20200229_112028.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 20200229_112049.jpg
    20200229_112049.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • 20200229_112122.jpg
    20200229_112122.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • 20200229_112213.jpg
    20200229_112213.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 20200229_112235.jpg
    20200229_112235.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
"we have plenty to get us started for now."

Lol, if I could go back and start over I would only get one coral per week (or two), at least until I had the name Down Pat! At least then I would know what I have now.

I have somewhere between 10-15 now that were mostly gifted to me by the generous members of ARC. I purchased a few. I mean it looks like a lot in my little 13g QT but will look pretty lost in the 125 but we need to get the tank cycled, put in what we have and then make sure our chemistry stays stable.
I have one more frag purchase pending...oh..and the frag I bet on in the auction. They are mostly all Zoa's I think.

It appears you really like LPS; I'm a big fan too. Nothing beats a large colony of duncans, seriously. It's an easy coral that has a ton of movement and a big colony (50+ heads) is just stunning. The 4th pic is a caulastrea or 'candy cane' and they look great too in large colonies. If I can remember, I'll send you pics of both. SPS are my favorite but I really like those in frag form as much as anything. Non-reef folks are mostly drawn to the dinner plate size long tentacled leather that I have and if it's not that, the duncan colony. They aren't at all impressed that my golf-ball sized Walt Disney acro is really starting to take off but boy they like that leather...

It appears you really like LPS; I'm a big fan too. Nothing beats a large colony of duncans, seriously. It's an easy coral that has a ton of movement and a big colony (50+ heads) is just stunning. The 4th pic is a caulastrea or 'candy cane' and they look great too in large colonies. If I can remember, I'll send you pics of both. SPS are my favorite but I really like those in frag form as much as anything. Non-reef folks are mostly drawn to the dinner plate size long tentacled leather that I have and if it's not that, the duncan colony. They aren't at all impressed that my golf-ball sized Walt Disney acro is really starting to take off but boy they like that leather...
Is a good looking leather. Maybe mine will grow up one day :)

Back