Server Move Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
So it may take time... up to 24 hours... for the DNS to propagate but we are now on the new server.

Keep in mind that there was a 20 minute window where posts made between 10pm EST and 10:20pm EST on 11/1/19 did not make it over here so you will have to recreate them. It was only a handful of posts.

Everything will be comparable in performance or better on this server... Most of you won't even notice a difference. The main difference is that its just a lot easier to manage and maintain on the back end as the hosting company does the maintenance/backups/etc. They even handle software upgrades and other installs by us just putting in a support ticket! :) So that means we don't really have a need for a designated administrator. More importantly... no more archaic command lines to deal with and now we have cpanel :). All this... and its cheaper than what we paying before?? Win/win and more wins frankly. They also do imports for free as part of the setup... but sadly we have fubar'd the imports in the past and they cannot import partially imported dBs without us first doing a lot of cleanup. Alas, there were some great posts and information that has been flushed away but at least we won't be losing anything else moving forward.

One last thing... Tapatalk isn't up and running with us yet since the access to that account hasn't been passed on to me. If you are one of those few tapatalk users, hang tight... We put in a support ticket with tapatalk so we'll get account access one way or other.

Thanks,
Jin

Keep in mind that although the dB was moved at 10pm EST. I did not have them move the pictures. So any posting with a pic from Wednesday through Saturday would be missing.

Can we just recreate any thread missing pictures, specifically sale threads?

" If you are one of those few tapatalk users, "

This is what I was referring to. It appears to allude to some other method of accessing the ARC web site via a phone.
What do others use on their phones?

Ahh. Well you can open your browser and get to it that way. Whether its safari/chrome/etc.

I have an iPhone and just use Safari to go to the ARC site, never been a fan of tapatalk.

Everything will be comparable in performance or better on this server...

Performance seems spotty - or have I been discouraged?

Going to "Whats New" - then click on "View more" - seems roughly 50% of the time I do this the site takes at least 30 seconds to move to the next page.

I am doing a great job. Your acknowledgement is very much so appreciated. Thanks :).

I gave you a scenario I'm seeing that could indicate someone should take a look to make sure it's all good - you choose to say something stupid. Great job - keep it up!
Sigh, this nonsense again. You bring up a question that directly ties into the vote a few months back, how did you think it was going to be interpreted? That question could have been privately messaged between you two or maybe another BoD that you feel more comfortable with. You are both being sarcastic with each other, and for good reasons. However to say he chose to say something stupid and then being facetious about it when you clearly went out of your way to make a stupid accusation based on prior club drama is the finest form of the pot calling the kettle black. Next time just keep that crap to PM's. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back