RESOLVED Pics on mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseayes

Market
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good work.
Wondering of there’s something going on when downloading any pic from a thread for viewing. It seems like every time I try to download them, one will come halfway and making it impossible to view at that moment.
If the post comes with more than one pic, only one will come in halfway. If the post has only one pic, there’s no chance to see it.
I’m using iPhone 6s on Verizon. I believe this happens either using the cell signal or in WiFi
Thanks again.

I’ve noticed this also; not for all photos, but definitely in over half of them.

iPhone 8, AT&T, over cell or WiFi

One temporary workaround is to, instead of simply clicking to open a photo link, press and hold down when clicking on a photo to get a preview or do a deep click to load the photo on its own tab. Both these seem to work all the time.

Still, it would be a good bug to fix.

Using Tapatalk? If so just use your phones browser and visit the site directly.

Tapatalk has been trying to fix a bug with photos for several months now.

No tapatalk (im assuming that’s an app or something); I’m using Safari as it’s the default for iPhones.

Here’s an example of a half-loaded photo. I could stay on this page indefinitely, it will not load. If I refresh, the same photo will not load.

Meanwhile, some other photos will load fine. And they will never experience this problem. The issue only occurs in select images, and ignores others.

Attachments

• C155F8D6-3C4B-48B7-BF97-2D6A1EF239D0.png
    C155F8D6-3C4B-48B7-BF97-2D6A1EF239D0.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Photos in the same thread act differently?

I'm unable to recreate that experience so any details you can provide will help.

I’ll investigate the best that I can; and see if I can ID any patterns (first photo in a thread, photo orientation,...). It’s definitely a weird issue

I’m encountering less of them; but it still happens. It seems to only happen to photos uploaded as thumbnails.

I now suspect it occurs when the thread is initially loaded. As exiting a thread entirely and re-entering seems to correctly re-load a previously mis-loaded photo (in at least 1 occurrence).

Below is an example of 3 consecutive photos; with the middle one exemplifying a mis-load.
558DD59B-6054-4932-A98E-3976AADD55D7.png
3C2C0BE6-19D9-459A-9967-5A61610250D1.png
55AEE0B9-95A8-43D8-B4D0-C7FBD3567D56.png

Here is the same photo after exiting and re-entering the thread.
677B3061-F082-4ED8-BC7C-A04F420BA386.png

Is this still an issue after the 1.14.2021 Website Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back