Potentially having to take down tank

hawkfish

Market
Reaction score
I've got what I think is a beautiful 180 gallon rimless reef tank, custom mahogany stand, 40 gallon refugium, Sump, Reef Octopus skimmer, Autofill system, RO, recently replaced Chiller, Apex Controller, 5 dose automatic drip, 2 UV sterilizers, and 3 Radion LED lights, then all the miscellaneous stuff you need to make it all happen. I've had the set up in my office since February, 2012, 10 years! You can see from the few photos I've attached that it is loaded with a variety of healthy coral. Unfortunately, I'm in the situation where I am going to have to move my office sometime in the next six to eight months, and will no longer have room for the tank. Therefore, I want to begin to plan this out. I'm placing this post in this forum, as I'm not ready to break it down and sell it piecemeal, ie. as drygoods, and livestock, and frankly I don't have the time or energy to do that. I'm looking for advice as to whether there is someone who either would want to take the whole system, keep it, or simply resell it in whole or part. Is there someone who does this regularly as a business? Or, does someone have some advice as to how I could do this better. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    571.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 34
Ive moved my office tank twice and it was not fun, hell moving any tank sucks. Im currently trying to set up a new office tank and want to upgrade my 90 to something this size. Shoot me a Pm lets talk. Would also be open to homing it till you can get back up an running.

In the years I've been in this hobby, there is always someone willing move everything themselves if it's a good enough price. You could always try posting it for sale and seeing if anyone will pick everything up.

Back