Plywood stand

lmm1967

Reaction score
Got started on the first of 2 stand builds. This one is for a 40b - the next will be for a 120.

Stand is made completely out of 3/4" plywood - took most of 1 full 4'X8' sheet for this stand.

Structural portions are all glued and pocket screwed. Still have to paint, add trim and door.

Ignore the messy garage - 3 tanks, kegerator build and not enough space to add more shelving & cabinets yet = a mess.

Front and back pieces cut and laid out.

stand2.jpg
alt="" /></a>

One side with pocket holes drilled out ready for assembly

stand3.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Structural part of stand completely assembled. This tank is a 40b, back is drilled for a bean animal with a DIY 24" glass box overflow and the back glass is tinted with limo tint. Going to be plumbed in to a common sump with the 120 and house roughly 60lbs of live rock and all the questionable hitch hikers - currently several "gorilla" crabs, whelk snails and a clingfish or toadfish - not positive what he is.

Stand.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Storage section on side of stand - there will be no sump under this stand so interior space is not a concern.

stand1.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Looks really nice. Good work

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. Paint will be white. The room it will be going in has no natural wood in it so it wouldn't look right being stained.

I finished up the structural portion of the stand for the 120g.

0bf09ad7a932874bfaa948ac8d5a97c7.jpg
alt="" />

That's the back. Still have to cut out the doors in the front. I'll post more pics later. I doubled up the weight bearing portions of this one to handle the extra weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good, but where are the pictures of the kegerator?

I just build a 7 tap keezer myself.

jbadd99;1105459 wrote: Looks good, but where are the pictures of the kegerator?

I just build a 7 tap keezer myself.

257733cd08348826b8fc17d1c19f91ac.jpg
alt="" />

Space for 4 and I'm not happy with the collar so I'll be redoing it after the stands are finished.

First coat of paint on the 40. Currently sitting upside down.

0b161a84f479aa5facf26d663044cf3b.jpg
alt="" />

5b7df2ea656293384cdbab6418d04aaf.jpg
alt="" />

Managed to route grooves in enough wood to hopefully have enough trim for both stands.

Trim is on the front and door built and hung on the 40. Same trim layout will be on the sides of the stand.

Trim and door still need paint - as well as 1 more coat on the stand. Trim out the sides, then caulk all the seams that could potentially see water and this one will be ready.

19f46d74c57df4824b118a3e03a7bbf2.jpg
alt="" />

ea1f3dad25591a35743017ddf86ec23e.jpg
alt="" />

Tank sitting on the stand will be the sump.

The sump will not be under the tank. It sits between the 2 tanks.

Back