3.5 Gal JBJ AIO Cubey Deluxe and my rock

Givmeanf

Supporting
Reaction score
I got this little tank. Not really having a plan for it. Maybe a quarantine tank.
Anyhow one thing lead to another and I thought I would try a suspended rock off the back of the tank.
I bought super magnets. I’d read about others using the magnets. It works on the glass, but not on the black plastic inner wall between the tank and the filtration section! The plastic seems to be somewhat of an insulator, I guess. I’ve not given up, I’m just not sure, and the MacGyver in me is saying, “I dunno?”
Plus, if this hangs off of the back, there seems to be way too many hiding places on the back of the rock for space aliens and such.
I’m not sure if this is even a wise idea.
And now I’m thinking just a frag rack stuck across the back midway up.

IMG_2638.jpeg

Perfect solution for more space in a small tank. If you have bad critters, weather or not if they have hiding spaces you still have bad critters. I think the critter concern is irrelevant.

Curious if you can provide more info on the magnets you used for this. Pics of how you attached would also be helpful.

Here it is. The magnet is superglued to the rock. The magnet is flat against the glass and holds very well. The magnets have a rubber coating on them. I thought they would be better in the tank coated.
The pencil was for reference. Leveling, and interference with the rock.
The plastic wall must be 1/4” thick. My next step is to remove the coating or buy another magnet w/o the coating.

Last edited:
Back